RUDE Clubsnappers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure

Deregistered
Mar 16, 2003
ClubSNAP community
www.clubsnap.org
With School Shoots and Cat Shoots, I've been more than willing to share access and photo opportunities with fellow CSers. Unfortunately, recent series of events have left a very sour after taste.

Latecomers and No-shows are already not polite. At least 1 or 2 had some decency to call later or SMS or PM to apologise for not making it. Then I got Clubsnappers who sign up for a shoot, then be late or no-show, and then call someone else in that shoot to arrange to join the group. That is not exactly courtesy - it shows no respect whatsoever for the organiser(s). Why did I PM my contact number to those who signed up in the first place? So that they may contact me.

What happened with the cat outings has turned worse. Somebody have been returning to my friend's cat sanctuary... and feeding the cats BAD FOOD! Worse still, they have gone to my friends and claimed to know me, etc. It is absolutely nothing wrong if you wish to take cat pictures, but don't fling my name around. And DAMMIT, don't go feed the strays bad food! Whoever you are - you've gotten 5 of Auntie Bella's cats sick with the Whiskas cereal you sprinkled around. And now she and the CWS folks are blaming me for it.

By record of this post - I shall not be organising any more open school shoots or cat shoots.

i can understand how u feel ...
i used to organise outing which turns out bad at times ...
there was once someone used my name and got me in trouble too ...

thats why for me i make it a point to give people my word whether i will attend or will not ...

when u organised those outings ... well ... most of it i am interested ... but then ... clashed with my schedules. .. so i didn't take part ...

well, i really hope u don't stop organising anymore of these outing ... just make sure u get those more responsible people to attend ...

Azure said:
And DAMMIT, don't go feed the strays bad food! Whoever you are - you've gotten 5 of Auntie Bella's cats sick with the Whiskas cereal you sprinkled around.

This is terrible! Not only that, even if the cats didn't get sick, you are littering the place as well!!!

People from the Cat Welfare Society have designated feeding spots & they clean the places up once the cats are done eating - this has been going on for quite awhile & its an unspoken agreement that the cats will be left alone if the place is kept clean & nobody complains.

What you have done is VERY IRRESPONSIBLE - there could be irate residents there who could complain to the Town Council about the mess left behind by you and the Town Council can take action to cull these strays.

You are not being kind to these animals at all - in fact, you put their lives in jeopardy with your thoughtless actions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :hung:

Sounds like the Good Samaritian's feeding attempt went very wrong.
Did you check the expiry on the cat food ?

sorry to hear abt wat happened to the catz ..... hope that they will recover soon .....

but me hope that u will continue to organize such school shootz n cat shootz for CS memberz in the future ......

:D

lavenderlilz said:
This is terrible! Not only that, even if the cats didn't get sick, you are littering the place as well!!!

People from the Cat Welfare Society have designated feeding spots & they clean the places up once the cats are done eating - this has been going on for quite awhile & its an unspoken agreement that the cats will be left alone if the place is kept clean & nobody complains.

What you have done is VERY IRRESPONSIBLE - there could be irate residents there who could complain to the Town Council about the mess left behind by you and the Town Council can take action to cull these strays.

You are not being kind to these animals at all - in fact, you put their lives in jeopardy with your thoughtless actions!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :hung:

I thought that is a "Cat Sanctuary"? How come got Town Council and resident, and littering and cull strays etc involved? Hmmmm,... I blur or you blur? :think:

So sorry to hear that from you, Azure. I think there bond to have black sheeps amount us. We just have to be more careful next time with who to trust. :)

Thank you, everyone (posted above), for your support. I too can only hope the poor felines recover.

Indeed, CS has its share of black sheep. And its share of arrogant idiots. My love for photography, of little animals and events remain undiminished. But any future sessions will be limited to private invites. Those I've shot with and dare trust will get the invite. The rest - too bad.

An example are my (still public) Anything Goes sessions, I have ceased to mention my route or the places we will traverse. For the simple reason that I am sick of the similar rude people I mentioned earlier. This is probably more subjective, but I personally frown on the behaviour mentioned.

If some of CS see this as arrogant, so be it.

As for the culprit(s) in the cat incident(s), well, I'm watching.

By the way, is the other Identically Titled thread meant to be a reply to this one? If so, can the thread owner please co-join it over here (as in post in this one and delete the other)? Thank you for clearing the confusion.

taker said:
I thought that is a "Cat Sanctuary"? How come got Town Council and resident, and littering and cull strays etc involved? Hmmmm,... I blur or you blur? :think:

you are SUPER blur. sheesh.

reno77 said:
Sounds like the Good Samaritian's feeding attempt went very wrong.
Did you check the expiry on the cat food ?

there is NOTHING good about their feeding attempts. if u dont follow the rules set on how to feed..... the town councils might just cull and revoke the stray cat feeding program.

Azure - sorry to hear about the cats. Hope to see them recover soon, hope that the cat committee also do not blame you.

It is a shame that you will not be organising such outings anymore, as I always wanted to go for a outing shoot with you. Could not make it for the cat shoots previously and school shoot seemed to pro for me.

Anyway, tough decision on your side to stop organising trips as I can see you love photography and the photography community. The bad experiences spolit it somehow.

I have PMed you spepartely on my contact for non-broadcast outings (if any)

Azure said:
Thank you, everyone (posted above), for your support. I too can only hope the poor felines recover.

Indeed, CS has its share of black sheep. And its share of arrogant idiots. My love for photography, of little animals and events remain undiminished. But any future sessions will be limited to private invites. Those I've shot with and dare trust will get the invite. The rest - too bad.

An example are my (still public) Anything Goes sessions, I have ceased to mention my route or the places we will traverse. For the simple reason that I am sick of the similar rude people I mentioned earlier. This is probably more subjective, but I personally frown on the behaviour mentioned.

If some of CS see this as arrogant, so be it.

As for the culprit(s) in the cat incident(s), well, I'm watching.

U can turn up late or no-show for school shoots...

BUT SOMEBODY HAS DECIDED TO MAKE THE CATS SICK!!! :angry:

I'll personally give the person a good piece of my mind. Azure, hook me up. I'm in. I'll bring my prickly old motherboard and cable ties. I'll strap the boards to the *******s and step on them.

*fuming* Busy for a week or so, and now things like these happen.

I wouldn't blame Azure for losing his cool. I wouldn't blame him for not organising further shoots.

But what I am concerned about is that someone else would emulate Azure's cat shoots and cause more harm.

IGNORANT RATS! *fumes*

taker said:

All I can say is please read my post properly for the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th/umpteenth time & THINK it through properly & then will you STILL be asking if I am the blur one? DUH. :rolleyes:

Feel sorry for the cats as I used to have them too and loved them.

However I feel more sorry for Azure, the effort put in for the shoot and the responsibility and accountability for it (which often not realised or forgotten by most) has gone to the drain instead of being appreciated.

I have read many a communique in CS and did notice that it is not short of rude and irresponsible forumers who shoot off the hip. To make matter worse, they criticize and insults!

I can only hope that should any of these incidences happen, you, the level-headed and matured ladies and gentlemen, give them Whiska or put them to sleep or some other drastic measures to ensure they behave.

Cheers
Jay

Azure, keep up the good work :thumbsup: , if you know who did it, post their names here, so we will be aware of them.

i think many of you are overreacting to the situation of the feeding bit, i don't think the fella had any malice when (s)he went about feeding the cats PROPER cat food (whiskas is proper cat food right?), it is unfortunate that some of the cats fell ill thereafter. yes, (s)he should have thought twice before introducing his/her own feeding schedule, but come on, there isn't a need to scream and shout and curse at that person here, show some tolerance and restraint guys, especially if you expect goodness from others.

Status
Not open for further replies.