rubic cube...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibitemynails

Dec 4, 2004
who remembers the rubic cube?

i walked past a shop just now and saw it and bought it.

stucked to it for hours!!!

it was so much fun...

i wonder if anyone remembers it?

and who is still interested or still likes it??

or do you all just find it a waste of time/chore??

Is there a formula for solving this?

I saw a very old guiness record primetime thingy and the guy could solve a puzzle blindfolded. By the way he turned the thing, it seemed that there's some kind of formula or method for solving this. Not sure though. :)

LordAeRo said:

I saw a very old guiness record primetime thingy and the guy could solve a puzzle blindfolded. By the way he turned the thing, it seemed that there's some kind of formula or method for solving this. Not sure though. :)

Ha ha..Was playing with it months back and yes there is a formula. But it will work only if you have complete one side first and the rest will be step by step.:bsmilie:

easy way, no formula needed. take out all the 21 movable cubes and put them back in the same color.....:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
LordAeRo said:

ibitemynails said:
who remembers the rubic cube?

i walked past a shop just now and saw it and bought it.

stucked to it for hours!!!

it was so much fun...

i wonder if anyone remembers it?

and who is still interested or still likes it??

or do you all just find it a waste of time/chore??

Whats that?

Is it also known as magic square? If yes, heh, I miss it!

However I had never managed to complete all 6 sides tho, the last time (more then 10 years ago), I tear off all the colour stickers and paste back in order, after few hours of struggling. Grrrrr...

:mad2:

anyone knows where to find the magic formula? stuck in mine for over a year liao :bsmilie: i very slow one

you mean you guys can understand the formula?

i study it for 5 days, still dont understand what it is saying.

can someone explain it in layman language pls. thanks.

denniskee said:
you mean you guys can understand the formula?

i study it for 5 days, still dont understand what it is saying.

can someone explain it in layman language pls. thanks.
hmmm...

have something even better.. have a program to solve ANY cube...

after finishing solving the cube, my fingers cramp...

Yes there is a formula, it even comes on an instruction sheet. Using the formula, fastest I solved it was in 40 seconds (ie with no variables and everything going your way) and averagely it takes about 2-3 minutes.

However, those rubic cube champions appear not to be using the formula. I've seen on televsiion that they solve it in about 7 seconds. They must have an on-the-fly method as the formula is a systematic but confirmed method of solving, however, no matter how fast you are (even with luck), the systematic formula method will not win you championships

The "formula" solves ANY cube. The basis are to solve the cube by layers, not by sides. Solving by sides is the surest way to fail. I find it more difficult to solve 3 sides than to solve 6 sides.

ibitemynails said:
hmmm...

have something even better.. have a program to solve ANY cube...

after finishing solving the cube, my fingers cramp...

Well each has their own strengths, the champions go on speed, this guy goes on memory.

Can't really see from the video, but I'm about 78% certain that the blindfolded guy uses the same formula as the one that I use. Only thing - I don't have his super memory heh :p

zod said:
Can champions solve the cube BLINDFOLDED?
:think:

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1122027238

Status
Not open for further replies.