rubic cube...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2004
who remembers the rubic cube?

i walked past a shop just now and saw it and bought it.

stucked to it for hours!!!

it was so much fun...

i wonder if anyone remembers it?

and who is still interested or still likes it??

or do you all just find it a waste of time/chore??

Jul 21, 2005
Jurong East
Is there a formula for solving this?

I saw a very old guiness record primetime thingy and the guy could solve a puzzle blindfolded. By the way he turned the thing, it seemed that there's some kind of formula or method for solving this. Not sure though. :)

soma

Aug 13, 2005
Local
LordAeRo said:

I saw a very old guiness record primetime thingy and the guy could solve a puzzle blindfolded. By the way he turned the thing, it seemed that there's some kind of formula or method for solving this. Not sure though. :)
Ha ha..Was playing with it months back and yes there is a formula. But it will work only if you have complete one side first and the rest will be step by step.:bsmilie:

user12343

May 15, 2005
easy way, no formula needed. take out all the 21 movable cubes and put them back in the same color.....:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
LordAeRo said:

afbug

Aug 19, 2004
Planet SG™
ibitemynails said:
who remembers the rubic cube?

i walked past a shop just now and saw it and bought it.

stucked to it for hours!!!

it was so much fun...

i wonder if anyone remembers it?

and who is still interested or still likes it??

or do you all just find it a waste of time/chore??
Whats that?

togu

Jul 11, 2002
@ D08
www.tommygui.com
Is it also known as magic square? If yes, heh, I miss it!

However I had never managed to complete all 6 sides tho, the last time (more then 10 years ago), I tear off all the colour stickers and paste back in order, after few hours of struggling. Grrrrr...

:mad2:

eikin

Apr 27, 2004
東京 Tokyo
anyone knows where to find the magic formula? stuck in mine for over a year liao :bsmilie: i very slow one

denniskee

Oct 26, 2003
bukit batok
Visit site
you mean you guys can understand the formula?

i study it for 5 days, still dont understand what it is saying.

can someone explain it in layman language pls. thanks.

Dec 4, 2004
denniskee said:
you mean you guys can understand the formula?

i study it for 5 days, still dont understand what it is saying.

can someone explain it in layman language pls. thanks.
hmmm...

have something even better.. have a program to solve ANY cube...

after finishing solving the cube, my fingers cramp...

V

vince123123

Yes there is a formula, it even comes on an instruction sheet. Using the formula, fastest I solved it was in 40 seconds (ie with no variables and everything going your way) and averagely it takes about 2-3 minutes.

However, those rubic cube champions appear not to be using the formula. I've seen on televsiion that they solve it in about 7 seconds. They must have an on-the-fly method as the formula is a systematic but confirmed method of solving, however, no matter how fast you are (even with luck), the systematic formula method will not win you championships

V

vince123123

The "formula" solves ANY cube. The basis are to solve the cube by layers, not by sides. Solving by sides is the surest way to fail. I find it more difficult to solve 3 sides than to solve 6 sides.

ibitemynails said:
hmmm...

have something even better.. have a program to solve ANY cube...

after finishing solving the cube, my fingers cramp...

V

vince123123

Well each has their own strengths, the champions go on speed, this guy goes on memory.

Can't really see from the video, but I'm about 78% certain that the blindfolded guy uses the same formula as the one that I use. Only thing - I don't have his super memory heh :p

zod said:
Can champions solve the cube BLINDFOLDED?
:think:

http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1122027238

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom