rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

duffydufs

Apr 20, 2009
1.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
hi all, im still a newbie on this. im trying to express in this pics those rubbish collector's daily routine in Little India

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

im trying to show in this picture someone's daily routine/scene in Little India

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

taken around noon in a cloudy sky,it just happen that i passed by this trolley with ful of cartons and plastics

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I feel somethin is missing in this pics to be able to give the idea that this is someone's daily routine in Little india. did i give justice of it?

thanks in advance:)

you need people in the pictures :)

It will be best if someone is pulling it too, Pulling it against the traffic...

But for your case, theres no car or people neither...

If you once went out for photo shoot again and see this scene again, place your camera lower, perhaps on the ground. Then you can express the 'huge' amount of rubbish people are collecting.

:D

It will be best if someone is pulling it too, Pulling it against the traffic...

But for your case, theres no car or people neither...

If you once went out for photo shoot again and see this scene again, place your camera lower, perhaps on the ground. Then you can express the 'huge' amount of rubbish people are collecting.

:D

thanks for your comments.im still trying on street photography..your input and comment are well appreciated:)

1. should have taken the whole 'rubbish' with people pulling as mentioned.
2. should blur the background to bring more focus to the 'rubbish'.
3. take more shots at different angles so that you can view and select . . . :)

1. should have taken the whole 'rubbish' with people pulling as mentioned.
2. should blur the background to bring more focus to the 'rubbish'.
3. take more shots at different angles so that you can view and select . . . :)

thanks for your comments.will take note of it ;)

love the gray overcast sky. brings a dull, dreary mood to the overall feel, conjures up images of poor old ladies dragging pushcarts filled with carton boxes. very inspiring and moving, thanks for the pic!

same as your tittle.:sweat:

try to read up eikin's guide on proper critique.

while this is probably not so bad (though not recommended either) in other sections, this is after all the critique corner. positive feedback is encouraged here, so explanation of the reasons would benefit all alike here.

anyways, back to the picture -

1) composition wise, you have decided to fill up half the frame with the rubbish on the rubbish collector's trolley/cart. while this adds emphasis to the rubbish, it also causes a lack of breathing space around it. perhaps too much weight is given to this element.

2) even if you show the entire cart, it will not be particularly interesting because rubbish is, well, rubbish. we've all seen it before. a good way to add context to this image is to include the person behind the wheel.

3) not sure if it's your treatment in postprocess, or the noon lighting, but the cart just seems awkward lighting-wise, like it has been cut and pasted onto the background.

4) i can't say that the tones here work for me.

try to read up eikin's guide on proper critique.

while this is probably not so bad (though not recommended either) in other sections, this is after all the critique corner. positive feedback is encouraged here, so explanation of the reasons would benefit all alike here.

anyways, back to the picture -

1) composition wise, you have decided to fill up half the frame with the rubbish on the rubbish collector's trolley/cart. while this adds emphasis to the rubbish, it also causes a lack of breathing space around it. perhaps too much weight is given to this element.

2) even if you show the entire cart, it will not be particularly interesting because rubbish is, well, rubbish. we've all seen it before. a good way to add context to this image is to include the person behind the wheel.

3) not sure if it's your treatment in postprocess, or the noon lighting, but the cart just seems awkward lighting-wise, like it has been cut and pasted onto the background.

4) i can't say that the tones here work for me.

thanks Mr Night86mare
didnt have a good timing back then
i think i took it around 11am under cloudy sky

thanks for your comments. very much appreciated
:)

The indian man in the distance caught my eye. If he was closer to the pile of rubbish, and looked down forlornly at it, perhaps that would give the photo some context.
I would suggest another title instead of 'rubbish', perhaps "discarded and forgotten" or something.
Just "rubbish" is a bit vague, I feel.
The desaturated tones work well I think, but the tilt and the PP (not sure if it's oversharpening or what) a bit off-putting...

The indian man in the distance caught my eye. If he was closer to the pile of rubbish, and looked down forlornly at it, perhaps that would give the photo some context.
I would suggest another title instead of 'rubbish', perhaps "discarded and forgotten" or something.
Just "rubbish" is a bit vague, I feel.
The desaturated tones work well I think, but the tilt and the PP (not sure if it's oversharpening or what) a bit off-putting...

about the tilt i shot it on my stomach level:sweat:
thanks for pointing out regarding my pp(my skill still not good:embrass:)

thanks for your inputs
very ,uch appreciated

u need to show a picture of the rubbish collector collecting the rubbish if that is what your intention really was.

one discards rubbish.
another collects the treasure:)

The title should be "Treasure".

u need to show a picture of the rubbish collector collecting the rubbish if that is what your intention really was.

one discards rubbish.
another collects the treasure:)

The title should be "Treasure".

thanks for your inputs.....will definitely go back there to shoot more

you have left a good part of the pic for the background....... thats a good idea...... if it helps anchor (is relevant) the subject matter in the foreground .... i dont think that was effectively achieved in this image (idea seems to be there)

that relationship is vague at best in your image .... walking guy has potential but imho 'killed' by being partially out of the frame and a little too far from main subject matter

stay encouraged :)

you have left a good part of the pic for the background....... thats a good idea...... if it helps anchor (is relevant) the subject matter in the foreground .... i dont think that was effectively achieved in this image (idea seems to be there)

that relationship is vague at best in your image .... walking guy has potential but imho 'killed' by being partially out of the frame and a little too far from main subject matter

stay encouraged :)

thanks for your comments and encouragement Mr. Ed9119
its bad that i really have the time to frame my shot

hey duffydufs,

personally i think it's not bad an attempt for someone that just started out. :thumbsup::)

perhaps my attempt would be to zoom in on one item in the pile of trash that symbolizes your idea well. include the rubbish collector and any other parts of the trash blurred in the background with shallow depth of field.

i think a heap of rubbish is usually quite distracting since there are so many things in there that can draw away focus. so picking one item to represent may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.