RSN Open House @ Changi Naval Base

Status
Not open for further replies.
for the benefits of CSers, i posted the hightlights of the open house. ;)

Highlights of the Navy Open House 2004
Navy Open House 2004 will be divided into four zones:
Sea Zone, Exhibition Zone, Entertainment Zone,and Family & Fun Zone.

Sea Zone
Featuring ship visits, sea cruises, “duck tour”, small craft rides and recreational fun rides. In addition, there will be many other recreational fun rides such as Jetski, Banana Boats, Kayaks and Laser Pico.

Exhibition Zone
Come view the technologies and firepower of the RSN. Get up close to weapons such as missiles, torpedoes, 57mm gun, Mine Disposal Vehicles (MDV). Experience for yourself the surface-to-air anti-missile (SAM) simulator.

Visitors will also be able to understand the Navy’s history and heritage, customs, traditions and people through exhibits from the Navy museum. There will also be an exhibition of “Navy at Work” photos, videos and scaled models of ships and Changi Naval Base. For the first time, the public will also be able to see the design and pictures of the Navy’s new Frigates.

Entertainment Zone
The entertainment zone will feature song and dance performances from the Music and Drama Company (MDC), various school bands, SAF Provost Unit, and SAFRA Radio DJs who will spin hit songs and read out song dedications.

There will also be a special appearance on 29 May by MediaWork artistes from the latest Navy Drama serial "Be Somebody", such as Ann Kok and Ix Shen.

Family & Fun Zone
Catered for the young and young-at-heart, carnival stalls will feature kiddy rides, inflatables and game stalls. Other attractions include a Art & Craft corner, archery, Rodeo Bull Challence and Bungee Run. Stand to win more than 2000 prizes each day in the 20 different challenging games at the carnival.

A Children’s Art & Craft corner will let kids have their hands on sand art, coaster art and craft punch. While the kids are occupied with the other stalls, grown-ups and older kids can try their hand at archery and seek more thrills on the Rodeo Bull Challenge and Bungee Run.

Officers’ Wives Club Charity Project
The SAF Officers’ Wives Club (OWC), formed in 1974, will be selling military souvenirs and collectables during the Open House. Attractive and specially designed Navy Souvenirs such as collar pin sets, ball caps as well as pewter models of military craft will be available. All proceeds will be donated to charity, including the SAF Benevolent Fund, the Community Chest and the Straits Times Pocket Money Fund.

wah .. so many programs ... how to get there ... ;p definity will go if the time permits me .. :D

the key question is : photography permitted?

behyx said:
the key question is : photography permitted?

should be lah.. its open house leh.. they sure hide those secrets from us one...

if photography is permitted, i might be going on sat! :) :) :)

err, another question. are malay photographers allowed for this RSN Open House? just wondering ar. :dunno:

da navy, see no malay, hear no malay. :think:

how to go?

heard from the news that.. must go to 1 place where there is a transport. But did caught the place in time...

Getting There
Admission to the Navy Open House is free. Changi Naval Base is located along Tanah Merah Coast Road.

There will be free shuttle bus services from Singapore Expo to Changi Naval Base. The public (including taxi) will not be allowed to drive into Changi Naval Base without a valid pass

public will NOT be able to drive direct to the base for obvious carparking related reasons. all will have to board a two-way bus from singapore expo...

upitreks said:
err, another question. are malay photographers allowed for this RSN Open House? just wondering ar. :dunno:

upitreks, your 'wondering' question is redundant.

upitreks said:

HUHHH???!! :what: It's an Open House.. ALL should be welcomed.
Furthemore, remember our National Pledge?? Regardless of Race, Language or Religion.

There will be a ships sail past during the opening ceremony of the open house.

yikes, sorry for my ignorance, guys. my, bad.

wonder which part of Expo to board the shuttle bus? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.