RSAF Open Hse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to seek clarifications with the security personnel there when in doubt. AFAIK photography should be allowed. But in certain areas.

The open house date should be 1,2,3 sept at Paya Lebar Airbase.

hawkeyes said:
Hey

That great!! So anybody wanna meet there?
Not me, I out-pro on the 31st :bsmilie:

I've seen enough pre-open house flights already. :bsmilie:

JediForce4ever said:
lenses not exceeding 500mm in focal length are allowed.

i though the limit is not exceeding 150mm??

It was orginally 500mm, then some smart alec change it to 150mm..now back to 500mm liao....or not i think even the prosumer cams are not allowed.

haha just came back from open house.. dam shag... since morning till now.. today boring.. not much pple, all sec and pri sch kids..

wont spoil the fun for u guys.. go and check it out tmr... :thumbsup:

JediForce4ever said:
It was orginally 500mm, then some smart alec change it to 150mm..now back to 500mm liao....or not i think even the prosumer cams are not allowed.

Its silly, i m previously from PLAB and there is absolutely nothing to aim at even with a 1000mm lens (if there is one). Everything is all block by trees and gates.

I guess the smart alec never try using a 500mm lens and scout what can he can shoot from the area opened to public :hung:

Yes 500 mm not allowed. I went down to the open house today and the security were checking the zoom lenses of many people. If you bring it in they will safekeep for you till you leave.

IMG_4971.jpg

IMG_4991.jpg

enjoy yourself there

They did not check my lens today and I managed to bring in a 300mm + 1.4x and 2x TCs

Advisory, if you are there for the aerial display, its better to go for the afternoon show, so the sun is behind you.

JediForce4ever said:
They did not check my lens today and I managed to bring in a 300mm + 1.4x and 2x TCs

Advisory, if you are there for the aerial display, its better to go for the afternoon show, so the sun is behind you.

i think it is in general a good idea to go there in the late afternoon, say 4-5pm reaching there. all back lighting in the morning, for whatever you want to shoot. :(

JediForce4ever said:

Any aerial display pic?

JediForce4ever said:
Havent processed.....

even if I had...I would be too embarassed to post here.....

So 200mm + 1.4X TC can make it base on your experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.