RSAF Open House

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromodynamics

Apr 22, 2005
chromodynamics.blogspot.com
My take of the RSAF Open House on 02 Sep 2006. Comments / feedback always appreciated.

F16.jpg

Apache.jpg

Amm1.jpg

Field.jpg

Relief1.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

I like #1 on how you place the center of the exhaust at 2/3 position.
I like #2 on how you bring static objects some interest.

I like all the "out of the box" unordinary angle for #1-3...great abstracts! u hv a good eye for composition indeed. :D

how did u create the motion effect for #2? really nice!

very nice! grabs my attention immediately for the first few shots, wanting to see more. :)

thanks for sharing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Very unique way of presenting the equipment/weapons...
I like them all...
#2 caught my attention... ;)

I like #1 & #3.

Initially, was scratching my head wat was #1 (I opened this browser window many hours ago & forgot what it was) until I read the thread title :bsmilie:

Ah something refreshing! The first three shots seems to remind me of the natural world in fact....#1 is like looking into the centre of a flower...#2 the eyelets of a fly...and so on! Duno why, but it just hits me this way. :D

chromodynamics said:
Thanks, micah4 and shel, for your encouraging comments.
Shel: I achieved the effect by zooming out while the shutter was open.

Hmm.. is that posible with digital SLRs?
Must try if that is possible! Creates a whole new perspective to shots now :cool:

Thanks, nyxx88 and huaiwei, for your encouraging comments :)

nyxx88: Sorry that i omitted putting captions to the pics. You must be very well-informed to be able to guess what the parts are. For those who may not be able to guess:
#1 was shot from the tail end of an F16
#2 is a shot of some of the armaments of an Apache helicopter
#3 is a shot of some of the armaments of an F16
#4...err...i don't know what the thing is...sorry :embrass:
#5 shows a bundle of relief supplies packed by air movement personnel.

huaiwei: Yes, now that you mentioned it, they do look like parts of plants indeed! #2 looks like part of a lotus to me. You have a very refreshing way of looking at images.

Shel: You can do a variable zoom with any lens that has a zoom ring. Try it - it's fun ;)

Nice shots chromodynamics! :thumbsup: I like #1. How did you get so close?

For shot #2, was the shot taken handheld? Instead of zooming out, did you also try zooming in? Would like to see the different effects.

More info if you're interested:
#2 is the Hydra 2.75 inch Folding-Fin Aerial Rockets (FFAR) used by the Apache.
#3 is the ammo belt of the 20mm Vulcan cannon.
#4 is... erm, a runway beacon or light? From the rust and plant growth, doesn't seem to be in use anymore. :dunno:

wow great shots! one of the reasons why I prefer to tag females on photoshoots, they can see what no man can see :D

Thanks, Singer high and jaredflo, for viewing and for your encouragement :)

Singer high: The jets were on display without any barriers around them. Photo #2 was done handheld... i did not try variable zoom inwards though. Thanks for the information you provided - i shall be using it to name the photos correctly after i'm done with post-processing all my RSAF Open House shots.

jaredflo: Thanks for the compliment. It never occurred to me that i can see things differently from the guys :cool:

Of all the RSAF Open House pics in this forum, this is refreshingly different and simply the best!

I like ...
No2 - for the wonderfully done variable zoom,
No3 - for the excellent DOF,
No4 - the composition is great, it gives the feeling of a weathered guard performing its duty faithfully,
No5 - the perspective is simply stunning and with the sky correctly exposed, dont think many people are able to think of such a composition in the first place.

Thanx for opening up a whole new dimension of RSAF Open House to us!

Thanks, pingo and ironargon, for the support you have given me in my threads.
pingo: The effect in #2 was achieved by varying the zoom of my lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.