RSAF Open House 6-7 sept 03

Status
Not open for further replies.
cannot take photo INSIDE the fighter jet cockpit

other plane/heli no problem (or i never get caught?)

take pic from outside also no problem

but after 911, dunno if there are any changes, definitely much more restriction now

I don't think you'll be allowed to take pictures during the Runway Cycling other then the Air Photo Unit's authorised camera man.

Last month I was back in PLAB for reservist, they're still coming down hard on people with camera phones and such. So best is not to take any photos inside, you know government is always very particular about having their photos taken :bsmilie:

was there last year.....
u can take pics...bt inside the cockpit....i think also can...

KnightsIcE said:
was there last year.....
u can take pics...bt inside the cockpit....i think also can...

cockpit of fighter plane confirm cannot, 2 years ago....i tired that and Mr. pilot at the cockpit tell me to delete the shot immediately :nono:

but inside heli and other planes is fine....probably only fighter plane cockpit more sensitive...

i think if really no photography allowed, it will be clearly stated in the webpage rite?

oic....

but must hav been a long time when i was small when it was allowed...
hheee....

so sensitive?...sigh..Sept 11 really changes out life in many ways

KnightsIcE said:
oic....

but must hav been a long time when i was small when it was allowed...
hheee....

so sensitive?...sigh..Sept 11 really changes out life in many ways

the last time i went was Sept 2, 2001

which was just 9 days before 911, and taking photo at the flighter plane cockpit already not allowed

it is official!!!

u can bring all your camera gears into the RSAF Open House BUT BUT BUT no 150mm Zoom lens , thank you...

this is from the newspaper this morning...

yunfeng

heehee, just saw this in the papers too. If length of the lense is an indication of the zoom, then can get the Tamron 28-300mm lense, it sure doesn't look like a long zoom. ;)

yf_chua said:
it is official!!!

u can bring all your camera gears into the RSAF Open House BUT BUT BUT no 150mm Zoom lens , thank you...

yunfeng

anyone can point out the page/section of the ST carrying the information?

can't seem to find it...

Page Home 3.

They said "powerful telephoto lenses are not allowed", but weren't specific. Seems like they're giving themselves some leeway to decide what we can and can't bring on that day.

I'm keen on going, anybody? :D It'd be nice to go back and shoot my unit people :bsmilie:

yf_chua said:
it is official!!!

yunfeng
my digicam is equiv of 280mm leh.. :dunno:

it is in the chinese www.zaobao.com

http://www.zaobao.com/sp/sp026_260803.html

我们还是会允许摄影爱好者捕捉下心爱的镜头,但基于保安理由,他们不可使用150毫米的长焦镜头 (zoom lens)

What was written in the Straits Times today is that no powerful zoom lenses are allowed. I wonder what is within their limits of not "powerful"?

Hhaa... I read the article from http://straitstimes.asia1.com.sg/singapore/story/0,4386,206751,00.html?
And naturally my first question was. "how powerful is powerful".. which prompted me to do a search in clubsnap. and true enough... there's already talk going on.

Does anybody know who we can call to find out how powerful is powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.