Roughly how much are air purifiers in Singapore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
My GF's room is very very prone to dust, perhaps because of her close proximity to the main road.

1 week is all the dust need to settle a thick layer on any surface.

I'm thinking of getting an air purifier as it might help.. Anyone know how much is it gonna cost roughly?

My GF's room is very very prone to dust, perhaps because of her close proximity to the main road.

1 week is all the dust need to settle a thick layer on any surface.

I'm thinking of getting an air purifier as it might help.. Anyone know how much is it gonna cost roughly?

I believe there are varied forms of air purifiers available in the market. The expensive onse are like honeycomb, osim, etc. Those are very effective in ridding particles in the air. There are also many other brands offering fan blades type air cleaners and I believe they can get just as effective. The maintainence cost would be a concern as the replacement carbon filters wont be cheap and has to be changed afew times a year. The air ionizer is not impt actually. It sinks down floating particles and does not clean them up. To me, its not something I'd like to have or to switch it on.

If on budget, you can get those with a spinning tub of water where you can add your favorite scent for aroma therapy. But these units are quite irritating as it has the sizzling noise. She can switch it on when she is out and off it when in the room. But for $20, cant expect much. It is quite effective and it hydrates the air making it more friendly on skin for ladies. But its bad for electronics as it puffs out too much moisture into the air. But for ladies, skin can be viewed as being more impt than electronics sometimes......

One of the best way for your gf to have less dust from the main road is to shut the windows that lead to the room. If she sleeps without ac on, then tell her to open just a small gap for the window and switch on the fan to circulate the air.

Hope this helps.

For a good air purifier, go for something like this:

Essential
* HEPA filter- remove minute dust particles
* Nano Silver Filter- reduce bacteria, germs and mildew
* Activated carbon filter- Eliminate odours
* Photocatalyst Filter- For deodorization and disinfection
* UV lamp- For sterilisation

Extras
* Negative ions
* Human AI sensor
* Fuzzy sensor
* Remote control

Sorry, have a meticulous bf from a medical background. He says must follow hospital standard :)

So far, we have bought this unit from Airion, model SA 6000, cost around 400.

leave the distributors contact for ya. Mention u are joey's friend thru TL and ask for a good price and deal.

H. N Feng
Enviromental Excellence Pte Ltd
51 Ubi Ave 1, #01-01
Paya Ubi Industrial Park
Singapore 408933
Tel: 67434222
Email: feng@enviex.com
www.enviex.com

Hope this will help you and your girlfriend.

For a good air purifier, go for something like this:

Essential
* HEPA filter- remove minute dust particles
* Nano Silver Filter- reduce bacteria, germs and mildew
* Activated carbon filter- Eliminate odours
* Photocatalyst Filter- For deodorization and disinfection
* UV lamp- For sterilisation

Extras
* Negative ions
* Human AI sensor
* Fuzzy sensor
* Remote control

There are two kinds of filters in the market. HEPA filter and Ionic.
I have an Ionic model. About $500, cleans a 900 sq ft room in 8 minutes.
HEPA models clean the air better than Ion models but are much more expensive to clean and maintain. The filter is expensive to replace too. Ionic models have electrostatically charged aluminium plates as filters. It cleans air well but not as clean as the HEPA ones, but it is extremely easy to clean, just use water to rinse the plates. Search the internet for these two kinds of filters to read up more.

sorry to add onto this thread, I'm looking for a Dehumidifier for a normal HDB room. Purpose to preserve an upright piano etc. ANy lobangs? :)

Hey thanks so much guys! Very appreciative of the information. it's a great great help all in 1 single thread. :)

Just 1 more question, does these air purifier within the range of S$400 (thereabout) works in a room where there's no aircon, window is open thoughout the day, but 1/3 closed when sleeping at night..

Nod nod. Its a scaled down industrial model adapted from the big ones meant for the pharmaceutical/ semi-con air system. :)

Nod nod. Its a scaled down industrial model adapted from the big ones meant for the pharmaceutical/ semi-con air system. :)

wow.. awesome.. but the device is so small, it can actually 'suck' up all the dust and dirt blowing into the room from outside?

Also, regarding the Airion model SA 6000, is it very power hungry? And how much does the filter cost to replace?

I saw their site about the SA 6000 specs, it does looks impressive! However, does local brands eg: Osim comparable to Airion?

sorry to add onto this thread, I'm looking for a Dehumidifier for a normal HDB room. Purpose to preserve an upright piano etc. ANy lobangs? :)

I've seen those small ones that are meant to be put inside cupboards. Roughly 0.5x0.5x1 foot in size. About S$99 at Mustafa's and probably most other places too. Some generic brand and works with a Peltier element inside. Water is drained to a removable mug.

Upz this thread..

Hope to get 1 before the gst hike. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.