ROTK - Final CountDown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Goi said:
Woohoo!

Just collected mine from the Post Office!

LOTR.jpg

:eek:

I don't have that big box.... #%&#@%)(&(&%#()&%

:mad2:

How about giving me that box as house warming gift? Just the box will do. ;)

I watched the appendices (both of them)... Is it only me or did anyone cry watching them?

I'm thoroughly impressed and moved by the magnitude of the making of this mammoth film. What touched me most was the comaradarie and the bond that was forged in the process... The sense of achievement, the (almost blind) faith in the director... Can really see these when the actors finished their very last scene of the film... everyone seemed not to want it to end... The classic one was the last scene of Frodo... Peter Jackson just kept taking shots after shots, as if he didn't want it to end... can understand his emotions then...

Anyway, frm the response of this thread, it goes without saying that we all can recognise that this is not another trilogy... It is THE trilogy that I don't think will be easily replicated in terms of production scale and intensity, and most importantly, great vision and passion...

Those sitting on the the fence, really, go get the extended versions... it's an understatement to say that it's a collectors' item...

Cheers :D

Jia Wang said:
I watched the appendices (both of them)... Is it only me or did anyone cry watching them?

I'm thoroughly impressed and moved by the magnitude of the making of this mammoth film. What touched me most was the comaradarie and the bond that was forged in the process... The sense of achievement, the (almost blind) faith in the director... Can really see these when the actors finished their very last scene of the film... everyone seemed not to want it to end... The classic one was the last scene of Frodo... Peter Jackson just kept taking shots after shots, as if he didn't want it to end... can understand his emotions then...

Anyway, frm the response of this thread, it goes without saying that we all can recognise that this is not another trilogy... It is THE trilogy that I don't think will be easily replicated in terms of production scale and intensity, and most importantly, great vision and passion...

Those sitting on the the fence, really, go get the extended versions... it's an understatement to say that it's a collectors' item...

Cheers :D

Nicely said. :gbounce:

togu said:
ROTK Special Extended Edition releasing on Dec 14th, Amazon. Damn, 50 mins of never-seen-before footage, which makes the whole damn movie up to about 250 mins!!!

How many going for it? :sweat:

Just got it last week...but no time to watch...maybe do so this long Xmas weekdend :dunno: Also bought....Aladin...pretty cute show....the songs are very nice :bsmilie:

Big Kahuna said:
Just got it last week...but no time to watch...maybe do so this long Xmas weekdend :dunno: Also bought....Aladin...pretty cute show....the songs are very nice :bsmilie:

Yes yes! That's what I intend to do, xmas eve marathon all 3 episodes, then christmas day continue my quest in dreamland. ;p

togu said:
:eek:

I don't have that big box.... #%&#@%)(&(&%#()&%

:mad2:

How about giving me that box as house warming gift? Just the box will do. ;)

I've only got a coupon to get this premium slipcase @ US$3 but it's only good in US ... :devil:

Sheesh ... where got the fight scene between Gandalf and Saruman? The latter only kena stabbed and fell to his death ... I thought both of them would be throwing and casting lightning bolts and fireballs @ each other ... :what:

Adam Goi said:
Sheesh ... where got the fight scene between Gandalf and Saruman? The latter only kena stabbed and fell to his death ... I thought both of them would be throwing and casting lightning bolts and fireballs @ each other ... :what:
In the original story, there wasn't even a fireball!

Adam Goi said:
I've only got a coupon to get this premium slipcase @ US$3 but it's only good in US ... :devil:

:bsmilie:

I hope so too, call for dragons, piang piang piang, more exciting.

togu/adam

invite us over to your house for a special screening leh. we'll bring popcorn and drinks.

that can be a the next CS anniversary gathering of sorts. :bsmilie:

obviousdude said:
togu/adam

invite us over to your house for a special screening leh. we'll bring popcorn and drinks.

that can be a the next CS anniversary gathering of sorts. :bsmilie:

Fat Hope!!

My PPPPPPPPPPPPPPpppppppppprreeeeeeeeeeeccccious!

tongue.gif

Adam Goi said:
Woohoo!

Just collected mine from the Post Office!

LOTR.jpg

Wah .. you collected your LOTR .... :)

Mine shold be in the post office as recevied delivery advice ... asking my dad to collect for me tmr ... cant wait to see it ... ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.