Rotation of pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceecookie

Deregistered
May 22, 2007
Hi guys,is there any way to auto-rotate pictures in my PC?

My Canon dSLR has an orientation sensor and does auto-rotate the pictures(i set to TV and playback mode) but however,when i xfer the photos to the PC they dont become rotated anymore and it will be tedious to manually rotate hundreds of photos..

tats weird. what software u using?

Software as to extract the photos from dSLR to PC?
I dont use any software,i just simply xfer the photo via the supplied USB 2.0 cable.

i'm facing this too. however when i use canon digital photo professional to view or edit pics, it will appear as landscape or portait style. Very good, appear as per photo being taken.
if i using windows explorer to find or view my pics, protait style pics always appear in landscape style. :dunno:

I tried Gerald's Picassa method.It works
Just let the program automatically process the photo(orientation) and select save change and tada.

However,there seems to be a problem installing the Picassa program alone(Win32 error) and i had to install by the full Google pack(and then selecting only Picassa)

what software are u using to display the pics?

The built in Windows Picture Gallery in Vista...but i also remb i had the same issue with Window Photo and Fax Viewer in XP too...

windows explorer, view thumbnails, select all pictures, right click, rotate left or right. works for me

b299e544.jpg

Not all of the photos are vertical..which means if i put all clockwise,the horizontal series will become wrongly vertical..and since typical holiday photos amounts to hundreds(for now the most recent one was 900),the task will be a chore w/o automation

Look for this software called download pro.

Simply one of the best.
It'll do lossless rotation on all the images you download based on orientation sensor.
Further more it can automatically download your pictures into new folders, dated accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.