tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Try something different...

tomshen_rose_001.jpg

tomshen_rose_002.jpg

tomshen_rose_003.jpg

tomshen_rose_004.jpg

VEry cool! I like the first flower too! Your whole series of pictures gave it a very "chinese advertisement" look.. Hope you know what i mean :p

lovely first shot, the pink rose. the dof of the stem area is nice. :)

The composition of the first shot is simple yet very effective. The third one has this dreamy feel to it. These two are my favourites among these lot. Great work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

me a newbie but really like the first and third shots! may i know what settings you used, esp for the first one?

i also feel that it's got a "taiwanese ad" feel to the pictures...can already imagine those wedding photos with your pics as the background :)

cheers,
nightstar

Vonderful! I like the style of composition for the 1st one and the colours that matched the mood. would be nice if there's a few of the same color rose petals scattered in the background too ;)

nice DOF

thx all for your kind comments. :)

Nightstar: this series was taken at home, with natural light from the window. I used two types of backdrops. For the first shot, white backdrop was used to create a high-key effect. The last one was taken with a black backdrop. The first three shots were processed with soft effect. The 3rd one was processed with 2-pass soft effect, in which u may see the soft edges. I spent much longer time to setup and find suitable angles. It worth more effort to achieve better results.

Thanks Tomshen for sharing :)..maybe it's time to get a few roses to try out too but not optimistic i can recreate 1/10th of your effect ;p .

tomshen said:
thx all for your kind comments. :)

..... The 3rd one was processed with 2-pass soft effect, in which u may see the soft edges. .....

sorry, but wat do u mean by a 2 - pazz soft effect ..... ?? .....

:D

FOOXX said:
sorry, but wat do u mean by a 2 - pazz soft effect ..... ?? .....

I create a full-frame soft effect first, then select the central part and reverse selection with 30px feather. Do a 2nd softeffect to blur the edges. Hope this is helpful.

Nightstar said:
i also feel that it's got a "taiwanese ad" feel to the pictures...
nightstar

maybe because it is written in traditional script :think:

Can advise where to obtain nice looking chinese fonts? those I find embedded in the Adobe Opentype are not very nice.

hwchoy said:
maybe because it is written in traditional script :think:

Can advise where to obtain nice looking chinese fonts? those I find embedded in the Adobe Opentype are not very nice.
I downloaded a few from the web, quite difficult to get nice fonts. Still searching.

tomshen said:
I create a full-frame soft effect first, then select the central part and reverse selection with 30px feather. Do a 2nd softeffect to blur the edges. Hope this is helpful.

thankz ..... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.