Root Canal or Extract

Status
Not open for further replies.

garagez

Dec 21, 2006
hi guys and gals....as the thread says...need advice on root canal treatment or jus extract my tooth

thanks all

cheers

just walk in to a dental clinic n u get ur answer liao. ;)

yeap, jus back from my dental, got two options

cheers

extract gets rid of the problem once and for all

yeap, jus back from my dental, got two options

cheers

got $$$, wanna look for swee and got bite..go for root canal treatment

money not enuff, then extract it out! :devil:

for me, i would rather go for RCT....dun want bor gay..:bsmilie:

Go to a good dentist for root canal otherwise if the dentist is not skillful enough, the tooth might crack after a while and then you have to extract it. You end up paying for root canal, extraction all together.

The purpose of root canal therapy is to save the tooth.... Extraction is always the last resort, as it has cosmetic and functional implications...

What someone told me makes quite some sense "you are young, root canal can last over tens of years if its done properly, extract and its gone forever. money can earn back, tooth/teeth can't." Yup, i chose RCT thereafter.

Highly recommend Alexandra Hospital Dental Clinic. Service and dentist really skilled and tender! No need pay full immediate can choose to pay in parts/installments as your treatment will take a few sessions (depending on how many teeth and if molar or smaller ones). The bulk of the $ goes to the crown. Don't skimp on the crown (i know some people don't want to do the crowning, but again, no point doing RCT if you don't do the crown to protect the exposed tooth/teeth).

My 2c. HTH :)

What someone told me makes quite some sense "you are young, root canal can last over tens of years if its done properly, extract and its gone forever. money can earn back, tooth/teeth can't." Yup, i chose RCT thereafter.

Highly recommend Alexandra Hospital Dental Clinic.

My 2c. HTH :)

what is ur recommendation regarding their wisdom tooth extraction? good? cheap?

what is ur recommendation regarding their wisdom tooth extraction? good? cheap?

ha, i also did my wisdom tooth extraction there! Well, enuff' said, :thumbsup: it's considered day surgery so can use CPF to pay. if you do one-two teeth extraction, its Local anesthesia if above, its General anesthesia (knock out). :) dental fees is never cheap... but at AH its comparable bah (equipments and all definitely better then your local downstairs hdb dentist).

ha, i also did my wisdom tooth extraction there! Well, enuff' said, :thumbsup: it's considered day surgery so can use CPF to pay. if you do one-two teeth extraction, its Local anesthesia if above, its General anesthesia (knock out). :) dental fees is never cheap... but at AH its comparable bah (equipments and all definitely better then your local downstairs hdb dentist).

i donno...my local downstairs hdb clinic bad temper...lol...cheap oso scare to go.hmmm...can go there try try. thanx for the tip. :)

i donno...my local downstairs hdb clinic bad temper...lol...cheap oso scare to go.hmmm...can go there try try. thanx for the tip. :)

no problem :) AH has the best service (no bad temper, people owe them attitude) and doctors (dentists included) so far from my hospital experiences :bsmilie:

If you wanna go for a less traumatic RC, make sure you get the tooth capped after that to prevent it from cracking/giving major problems later on.

If you are ok with the higher risk of an extraction, go for it. Ask your dentist exactly what are the possible complications in your case as each individual is different.

One of my friends opted for an extraction, and some of his facial nerves got affected, so he has to spend the rest of his life with a slightly crooked face and mouth and he can't fully open his jaw nor pronounce words properly.

One of my friends opted for an extraction....nor pronounce words properly.

Ya, i opted for an extraction as i need to travel for work 2 days later that time and the pain was unbearable. GROSS CONTENT

And yes, pronouciation of words did got a bit affected. :(

Jaw biting power too.

TS, did the dentist recommend dental implant? I covered an event launch by this company and only then did i know such technology is available. :embrass:

Nobel Biocare

But not cheap, a friend got quoted 5K SGD to do it....:sweat:

One of my friends opted for an extraction, and some of his facial nerves got affected, so he has to spend the rest of his life with a slightly crooked face and mouth and he can't fully open his jaw nor pronounce words properly.

That means the nerve itself was damaged... Yeeesh, sloppy dentist!!!

no problem :) AH has the best service (no bad temper, people owe them attitude) and doctors (dentists included) so far from my hospital experiences :bsmilie:

What's the cost? I need to go for RCT + crown and was given a price by Q&M...

hi guys and gals....as the thread says...need advice on root canal treatment or jus extract my tooth

thanks all

cheers

I went to my dentist with the worst case scenario in mind i.e. to extract a tooth. There, I asked how bad it was and do I need to extract it. His words were something like... we'll try to save the tooth. That gave me an assurance that he will do his best with my interest in mind. So do try root canal first before extraction.

What's the cost? I need to go for RCT + crown and was given a price by Q&M...

I did my RCT some years ago, if i remember it correctly its slightly above 1k for both RCT+crown. The bulk of the fees goes to the crown (almost half)! They will do a x-ray of your whole jaw/teeth set, have some gel/jelly like stuffs inserted into your mouth and will do a mould for your teethset and from there they "make" your crown. Quite interesting i may i say.

(remember, money can earn back la, tooth/teeth lost is a goner). :p

Status
Not open for further replies.