room dehumidifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlwang

Apr 9, 2002
Visit site
Hi there

Anyone has recommendation on the above, and where to buy them, Budget less than $150, to be used in Storeroom/bombshelter to prevent stuff from getting mouldy.

Hi there

Anyone has recommendation on the above, and where to buy them, Budget less than $150, to be used in Storeroom/bombshelter to prevent stuff from getting mouldy.

get a novita dehumidifier.
but definitely not within the budget you stated.they may have smaller sizes which are cheaper but still i dont remember them being less than 150.

putting up aircon in storeroom :dunno: :bsmilie: my storeroom is not a server room

Novita is out of price range, I saw in one of the thread that there is a Petite Electrical Dehumidifier, is it effective for small bomb shelter.

putting up aircon in storeroom :dunno: :bsmilie: my storeroom is not a server room

Novita is out of price range, I saw in one of the thread that there is a Petite Electrical Dehumidifier, is it effective for small bomb shelter.

if you are referring to those small ones that has a small water tank from DIY shops, then i really dont think they are effective.

i bought 2 previously for my walk in wardrobe.
after turning it on for 4 days, the humidity is still about 88-95%.
the disadvantage of the small ones is that you got to empty it every 5 days.

i gave up and bought the novita one.
note:my walk in wardrobe is about 5x5 meters.

tis one i agree..but 5x5 meters of floor space is bigger then some shops selling clothes..:bsmilie:

please lah!5x5 where got so big?
kuazhang lah u:sticktong

5x5m IS VERY BIG. That's 25 sq m leh. 1/4 of a lot of HDB flats liao.:bsmilie:

believe it or not, i still lack of space to store my clothes.:embrass:

my storeroom is not 25 square meter, hahah, which is really 25% of my total apartment area :p

Dont think my MBR is 5 m x 5m hahaha :p

Anyone has used those small dehumidifier in small unit, my storeroom is 1.5m x 1.8 m x 3m high. Very tiny place, like a lockup cell :D

Those petite dehudifiers are only effective if used within a small space like a cupboard.. I used to have 1 in my cupboard to dehumidify my guitar.

For a space of 1.5m x 1.8 m x 3m high, you'd need to seal it up well & let the thing run full time. But when you open the door to empty the tray (say in a couple of days), you'd let moisture in & it needs to work full time again.

Room dehumidifier is called an Air-conditioning system.

Not true. An air-con system is a dehumidifier. But a Dehumidifier is not an air-con system.

Aircons control temperature and reduces humidity. A dehumidifier just reduces the humidity. What you need really depends on what you are storing.

But... both dehumidifiers and air-con systems consume a lot of electricity, and contributes greatly to global warming. So use them only if it is absolutely necessarily.

please lah!5x5 where got so big?
kuazhang lah u:sticktong

If you live in one of those high-end condos... the cost/size of your wardrobe is enough to buy a HDB flat. ;p

But I know... you live in a house...

Those petite dehudifiers are only effective if used within a small space like a cupboard.. I used to have 1 in my cupboard to dehumidify my guitar.

For a space of 1.5m x 1.8 m x 3m high, you'd need to seal it up well & let the thing run full time. But when you open the door to empty the tray (say in a couple of days), you'd let moisture in & it needs to work full time again.

Hi thanks for the reply, my bombshelter/storeroom is quite air tight (except for ventilation hole on top), seldom open up, and dark inside, that is why it is a perfect place for mould to grow.

Based on your description, think the petite dehumidifier will work if i on 24 hours a day. I am ok to clear the water once every 2 days, if I can keep the mould out from the storeroom.

Where did you buy yours, what brand and how muchie?

Not true. An air-con system is a dehumidifier. But a Dehumidifier is not an air-con system.

Aircons control temperature and reduces humidity. A dehumidifier just reduces the humidity. What you need really depends on what you are storing.

But... both dehumidifiers and air-con systems consume a lot of electricity, and contributes greatly to global warming. So use them only if it is absolutely necessarily.

ac is effective as a dehumidi.
when i turn it on,room humidi drops to about 55%.

the novita dehum i bought runs at 660watts IIRC.

yes, power bills confirm goes up.

if you guys get the novita one, you'll have to connect a hose for it to drain off.if you use the inbuild tank, it gets full within 5 hours.
that's how efficient it is.

i forgot to mention, when u use the novita dehum, your room temp will go up cos it's spilling out hotair.this is a big disadvan imo.but to prevent mould/fungus, i guess i can live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.