Roof garden of orchard central.-nubie shoots

littleray

May 3, 2010
Serangoon
Hi~ am new to photography, here is a picture for critique, hope to learn more and improve. DO CNC~!!!
30807_103132279735579_100001164210170_28372_2012313_n.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Hope to sought advice on exposure, lighting and composition..
2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
i hope to display a nice scenery of the transition of the evening to night with the backdrop overlooking the town area.
33. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions
The picture is taken on a cool evening, where there is little crowd and the emotions would be that of a relax mood.
4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think the picture is ok...seeking to improve to let the picture tell more story and emotions...and hope to improve the composition to let the colours shown...personally, i feel there is lack of details to tell the picture..

Do CNC thanks..~! -Ray

Last edited:
NOOB here.. please don take offence for what i say k.

1. If you wanna show the sky shining over the city, i feel that framing should be like 2/3 is the sky..

2. the clouds is not so dramatic, should increase more contrast during pp or shutter speed higher so could see more of the clouds.

overall its not as pleasing as wat you wanna portray. Try shoot more clouds shots, you will realise that clouds can be very drama also, calm clouds don put extra strength to your shots, look for very dramatic clouds.

SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT!!

Some things to improve on:

Composition is poor, addition of part of roof top (which is also messy) adds nothing. It also leads away from the main subject
Sky is boring, try shooting in the golden hours instead.
For a cityscape, verticals are important, your buildings are tilted.
Underexposed, too much detail lost in the shadows.
Colours are dull, uninteresting.
Image quality is poor, chromatic abberation visible even on such a small photo.
Too much jpeg compression, edges are not defined, details are lost.
Intent not reflected in the shot: "The picture is taken on a cool evening, where there is little crowd and the emotions would be that of a relax mood."

thanks thanks~! will try to improve next time..shoot shoot shoot~!

thanks thanks~! will try to improve next time..shoot shoot shoot~!

Think and conceptualize before you press the shutter. Analyze and select thoroughly afterward.