Rome/Florence/Venice

thanks for the reply.. hmm. i heard another side of the story which goes something like police won't ask for your passport usually. and it's one of the many pickpocket scams that they will distract u etc.. is it more for convenience sake that one brings along his passport when out walking in the streets or? i was thinking if a valid ID is good enough.

i hv heard that a valid driving license is good ennui in Europe and US....

i hv heard that a valid driving license is good ennui in Europe and US....

thanks for the reply! will probably put the passport in the locker and bring the driving ID out. actually when traveling via buses/trains, they didn't check my ID/passport at all. been to 3 countries in EU and they didn't ask for it. really convenient!
i guess passport is needed in the case of flights and check-ins. thanks! :D

Oh. I see. At ISO 1600, hows the noise level?

But I wanted to get something I would use in Sg. Cause I usually take Portraits. 17-40 is very wide, but not useful in portraits.

Can I ask you, what's the maximum mm you used with your lens in Europe? 40mm?

Thanks! :)

HI

Yes there will be some noise level for all ISO but if you manage to get a correct exposure (no under expos) the noise level is minimized.

You may refer to my indoor shots and nite scenes, shot with ISO 1250 to 1600 without tripod. I find the noise acceptable for me, it's a trade off for traveling light.

As said, i carried a 12-24mm Sigma, my wide angle shots varies between 12 to 24mm.

http://lookingeyes.clubsnap.org/gallery/Rome

enjoy yr shoot...
:D

drumma said:
do lens have an effect over noise levels? please enlighten me. :)

Thanks for reminding me! I normally shoot at ISO 100. Should try out high iso next time.

Enlighten me with your photography knowledge? I assume u know ur camera inside out. :p

lOOkingEyes said:
HI

Yes there will be some noise level for all ISO but if you manage to get a correct exposure (no under expos) the noise level is minimized.

You may refer to my indoor shots and nite scenes, shot with ISO 1250 to 1600 without tripod. I find the noise acceptable for me, it's a trade off for traveling light.

As said, i carried a 12-24mm Sigma, my wide angle shots varies between 12 to 24mm.

http://lookingeyes.clubsnap.org/gallery/Rome

enjoy yr shoot...

Haha thanks there! Glad that at least I ask what I not know. And get kind response. :)

@LookingEyes,

hee...im so fickle mind...now im thinking of bringing 12-24 Sigma n 16-35 for EU trip this coming Sun.
yet, no idea if this great combi since i don hv 24-105 :(

@LookingEyes,

hee...im so fickle mind...now im thinking of bringing 12-24 Sigma n 16-35 for EU trip this coming Sun.
yet, no idea if this great combi since i don hv 24-105 :(

Hi

To start with...i replied to this in the afternoon, but now it's missing...
anyway, here my ans agn..

Both lens are considered wide angle except that if u are using 16-35 F2.8, u can play with the bokeh....

I supposed u understand the limitation and restriction of the angle available, it will be challenging to deliver a close up shot other than moving closer to the subject matter and using the widest F Stop.

Well maybe with your creativity you could give viewers a diff presentation of Europe.

Most imp is to enjoy yr holiday..:D

ciao

Btw just a quick question. Did your bought travel insurance for multiple countries visited in Europe?

Any trustable website or company to recommend?

Btw just a quick question. Did your bought travel insurance for multiple countries visited in Europe?

Any trustable website or company to recommend?

Hi Jazzmint90

I supposed u hv gather a lot of info in yr other thread. Yes, I got mine fm NTUC, after all the expenditure, a few more dollars for some comfort level is fine with me.

hv a nice trip...

Hi Jazzmint90

I supposed u hv gather a lot of info in yr other thread. Yes, I got mine fm NTUC, after all the expenditure, a few more dollars for some comfort level is fine with me.

hv a nice trip...

ya, thanks anyway! got my question all answered!

Hi lookingeyes,

looking at ur pictures make me so looking forward to my coming italy trip in end of May!

aloha people...im finally back to reality aft my 2 weeks in EU.
Gosh...amazingly happy shopping beside clicking on my cam =D

have been relly careful with ppl...saw alot of negro there selling fakes goods.
and avoid them most of the time and im safe n sound and have some families fun too.

back last sat n jetlag...den cnt sleep n start to adjust my sleepness timing.
i hv lotsa photos on artistics shot on architecture la....but how to post and share i will fig out n let u all see see n comment ya.

thanks again

Hello babycherie

welcome back...wow u must have a great holiday, wait to see some of them...:thumbsup:

do u hv any interesting tips to share?

Last edited:
@lookingeyes: well, let me share some incident we Hv witness along the trip while shopping n sight seeing.

FYI- no shorts n singlet n tank top allow in those Cathedral churches and beware of those Negro selling peanuts to you for feeding birds. They will just come n put 2-3 nuts on ur palm w/o u notice and demand for 5euro. One of my Unc Fren kana and they did some bargaining which in the end up paying for 5euro where the initial price. Those Negro r very cunning even cops around patrolling.

Watch out for your belonging in the large crowd area as we seen some couple had their pp n wallet stolen just in a midst second but we can't do a thing to help since we r Asian r more the target while the couple are Russian. :(

For those shoppers, u can get good price at the factory outlet at Serravalle town, fox town in Switzerland.

For drinkers, I agree getting ur beers n liquors fm the supermarket which is really dirt cheap and my families been drinking for past 2 weeks with beers n wines n not to mention me and cousin cooks our daily meal since most shop closes 6-7pm. Which mean I'm hvg dinner at 3-4am(SG time).

If gg Venice/Pisa by train, pls b punctual as the train will leave on dot.

For those who love to go see Live Football match- it is at Lotto Stn, Milan. You are required to bring ur passport to buy the ticket- £euro 17. Else u will Hv to buy black market whom ppl selling £30-40euro. Bargain for it if u forget ur passport.

I only manage to watch International Milan VS Chievo games altot prefer Ac Milan games :) still really amazing coz I feel the atmosphere with the Italian crowd shouting n cheering. So bring ur cam and u will get to snap sm sexy babe n hunk too.

Guess that all for me...arigato

Lookingeyes.. did u use credit card most of the time to pay for your hotel bills or u use cash ? if credit card..is there any best card for payment ?

Lookingeyes.. did u use credit card most of the time to pay for your hotel bills or u use cash ? if credit card..is there any best card for payment ?

Hi Droozy

Yes, I used my Cr card for payments such as Eurostar, Hotels. Other expenses were paid by cash. There is no preference for any card.

ciao...