ROM rates/package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm_C70

Nov 21, 2005
Just want to learn more about ROM rates/package typically?

Prices range from $*88 ~ $**88?
average no of prints and any enlargement?

some do it for free.

charge what u think ur effort is worth.

some hi-enders charge around S$800 for a 4hr coverage inclusive of 4R prints.
Normally ROM last about how long?
from my experience attending friend's, important part is just signing which takes less then 20mins.

Normally ROM last about how long?
from my experience attending friend's, important part is just signing which takes less then 20mins.

depends... some might want u to cover for up to 8hrs if they want to include the pre-ceremony itinerary such as make-up for the bride... or some foto taking at some location... then ceremony proper.. afterwhich u might be asked to shoot the makan session.

differs from couple to couple.

depends... some might want u to cover for up to 8hrs if they want to include the pre-ceremony itinerary such as make-up for the bride... or some foto taking at some location... then ceremony proper.. afterwhich u might be asked to shoot the makan session.

differs from couple to couple.
can say typically is around 2hrs for signing and makan session?

So if price @ around $400 (includes100 prints+ album) is it ok?

can't be sure. tat depends on u! :bsmilie:

if u think u're worth that amount of $$, then by all means go ahead and quote them.

some chinese loves no.8. so maybe S$388?
:bsmilie: thanks for the advice.

Normally if got enlargement prints, that is the best way to present them? (If just got less then 5 pictures)

:bsmilie: thanks for the advice.

Normally if got enlargement prints, that is the best way to present them? (If just got less then 5 pictures)

:think: the best way? i dunno.. normally S8R fotos are not included in the deal, if uwant to gif them S8R fotos, gif it to them as a surprise. :bsmilie:

anything free, they song and happy.

:think: the best way? i dunno.. normally S8R fotos are not included in the deal, if uwant to gif them S8R fotos, gif it to them as a surprise. :bsmilie:

anything free, they song and happy.
i know, just interested to know the way to give them like in plastic as the devloping shop give me? will there any other ways? (other then expensive photo frame)

looking to sell and just want to follow the market rate. ;p
#1, how much time you need to spend on each ROM, beside shooting, also including meeting (if any), post product, errands to lab, delivering... total hours spend multiply your hourly rate of wages.

#2, on the cost material you need to delivery to couples.. prints, album, CD etc, and the storage cost, labor cost, wastage cost plus the profit on producing these.

#3, profit of doing this ROM.

#4, , the premium to hire you for your branding, your name.

Add all 4 items together is how much you should price for you package, for making profit on each job.

If you just copy whatever other photographers offering price, you may making losses for each job you take. or can't compete with what others offer.

in the real situation is some photographers giving the lowest quality stuffs to couples in order to make some profits, some with hidden chargers to couple too. And many newcomer photographers does not aware of this, just compete with them on pricing, so end up fail miserably.

I don't quite understand your #4 the premium to hire.

food for thought...

for a 4hr ROM, u charge S$400.

u gif them 100prints in 4R. tat'll be S$25/.
let's say its in some remote area, transport to and fro will be S$20X2 = S$40/.
u order a wedding album from catchlights, tat'll be around S$18/.

on top of all that... some hidden cost

u do some PP on the fotos and spend many hrs behind the PC.
u take the edited fotos to the lab and print(transport fees and more time again).
let's say u wanna do some mean P.R and print 5XS8R...
u burn the fotos into a DVD.
u arrange to meet up with the clients to pass them the completed work(more transport and time)

i'm not so sure. but i think ur 'profit' might be alot less.

I don't quite understand your #4 the premium to hire.

tat is how much u think ur standard of work might be worth with ur reputation and all..

like a mark of approval or satisfaction.

ur personal reputation might be worth this much or that much in the fotographic community.

i know some are F.O.C.
hahahaha

Cheesecake has answered this.
in short, people have to extras as when you are somebody in this trade

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: true. and never accept any proposition that might belittle ur reputation.

say, some clown wanna hire u at S$800 when u feel that u can command S$1.5k due to ur reputation and ur skills.

some might bend with the times but u risk being labeled ruining ur reputation and ur own pricing mantle. words might spread around n u'll forever be remembered as the S$800 quality guy. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I'm really glad that Cheesecake and catchlights have given me valuable advice on packaging for event.
I'll treasure it and recalulate my cost/profits when consider to offer a package out. (Which will not be F.O.C) :bsmilie:

Sincerely thanks to both of you.
Do you both mind to "loss" some time for a free cup of coffee/tea/drinks on me? ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.