ROM Photoshoot

brlcc

Jan 9, 2010
Kind advise needed. Greatly appreciate it. Helping friend doing some photo shoot during his solemnization. Do i need flash inside the room? I have a 85mm and 24-70mm.
What will be the ideal lens to use? Thanks guys.

Are you sure you are up for this job? The 'once in a lifetime' event of your friend in your hands?
What have you done already that you think you know how to shoot it?
There are so many things that can go wrong and you are still unsure about the lens to use ...
If unsure, ask him to get a professional to do the job, don't risk your friendship.

24-70mm will be ideal.
Flash or not depends on your preference, but personally, I'd recommend one.

That said, make sure you have the skills to shoot this properly.
Sorry, without your sample pictures or regular postings on CS with photos, I don't know what level of ability you have.

For myself, I only started shooting such events as a relative/friend and not the main photographer and only moved to covering it as the main photographer after I knew what it took and how to control the flash and camera settings in most situations.

24-70mm would be good, may I ask what is the model of the camera body you are using? (APS-C or DX?)
May I ask are you the second shooter or the main shooter?

Kind advise needed. Greatly appreciate it. Helping friend doing some photo shoot during his solemnization. Do i need flash inside the room? I have a 85mm and 24-70mm.
What will be the ideal lens to use? Thanks guys.

think both are good lei if u can rent 1 spare body.....why not....ask ur friend pay lo. if only can use 1 i think 24-70 ba. I recall flash not allowed in ROM room (if it is held at ROM - not pro here too just based on memory of what i saw).

Also as per advise above...if you are the main shooter, best to have it in text that you have informed your friend that you are not a pro or somewhere along those lines. Good luck for the shoot :)

Not sure if you have already done the photoshoot but here's some advice to prepare for it.

Do a number of indoor practice shoot before you go there. Once you are in the room, the solemnization ceremony will move efficiently and there is probably no chance to do a repeat. Familiarise yourself with the process if you haven't attended one before so that you will know what is coming next.

When you enter the actual room, look out for the places to stand to shoot from. It is best to use a zoom if you intend to take different perspective because there is probably no time to change lenses.

If you are not the main photographer, be conscious of the primary shooter so that you do not block his angle.

Think of it this way, you have 5-10mins to get lighting and exposure correct. Can you do it? Also if you miss a shot, say wearing of rings, or kissing, don't delay and just request your friend to hold his position. Because you have time constraint.

I last shot in Aug, flash can be used. any changes?

Whatever lens u use,
1. Get a list of the types of moments you want to capture and memorize it
2. Get in CLOSE NO MATTER WHAT even if it means getting in the way , seriously

Reactions: Ah Keong