ROM Photography For a frd

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthBaby

Well.. for those who helped their frds in rom photography.. do u all touched up for them as well?
shes actually my cousin's (M) frd's (G)'s frd (O)
last yr i shot G's wedding and O kinda like my style... so she asked mi to give her a quote for her ROM in Oct. Ive already given her the best price and she thought over it.. and asked mi to help her in Photography. But she dun wan to take up the package.. she said she would go for her own prints and no touched up required.
I was quite obliged as she was jobless at that time and said in return she will give mi a red packet.
Recently she found a job and quite well paid too.. and came to know that she hired a makeup artist which was quit costly too... I asked her to re-consider the package again... and this time round i also threw in makeup artist. But she told mi... she jus wanna me to shoot. so its okie.. she wouldnt want the package.
So shd i touched up the pics for her?

Don't bother to touch up for her lah ......... she don't want the package mah ..... let her do her own touch up :D

can i have my own perception on this as well?
Mani thinks that photography is a ez job.. tts why they would rather get a costly makeup artist rather den paying more for photography.
but little did they realise.. after the makeup session... u wont see the makeup artist again. who is going to do the touching up on the spot b4 photo taking? its the photographer.. they have to make sure tt the bride still looks gd!
but mani consumers are not aware at all!!!!

thank u!
anyone share the same sentiments?

If you touch her up nice like a Princess. Then her friends might see it and also want it. So you get much more business later.

This is call Advardizing mah (not sure I spell it right).

same sentiment with you. they treat photogrpher too lightly...

another thing, you can live with not touching up her picture meh?
I will not deliver the picture unless i am really sastified with that.
So end up we still spent time touching up the photo.

Its best not to have a separate price of touching up.

Sion said:
If you touch her up nice like a Princess. Then her friends might see it and also want it. So you get much more business later.

This is call Advardizing mah (not sure I spell it right).
she also recomended to me the red packets frd...
shd i even be bother?
i dun have much time for all these red packets man

Give her some complimentary touched up pics to show her what she missed.

i guess there comes a time where we just walk away from biz because the prices are wrong.

Yah man!

they will start saying..
client: wah.. yr package quite ex wor
photographer: oh issit? Got promotion now
client: no leh.. my studio photographer only charge me XXX
photographer: oh really? good for u! maybe u shd go to them. my price are too steep for u perhaps.

Just my 2 cents worth.

It goes back to whether you are doing this for a job or for interest sake.

If it's for the interest in photography, then I guess you could do what you like, red packet given or not notwithstanding. I agree that in this case, that one would do a good job.

If it's as a job, i.e. you would be earning a profit from this, I would say that you walk away from it, because in the bottom line there is nothing ($) in there for you. I wouldn't feel bad about this as it is a business relationship.

From the way you describe, the person is not treating this as a business transaction but a favor from a friend.

chgoh @ 11:18am on 08 May 2004

hehehe ...... give her 1 set of touchup, maybe 5 pics or so, act as complientary copies ..... then when she ask why the rest not touched up, you said "Not in the package mah, I touchup 5 pics for you because you are my friend, other people I don't even bother" :D

Anyway, me thinking of looking into my feminine side and start to learn makeup :D ..... the can be better photographer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.