ROM day photography..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sukoo

Apr 9, 2004
Hi to all,

Anyone knows roughly what is the market rate for engaging a photographer for a Solemnization at ROM?

Normally what is included in the package?
Any pointer is greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

it depends on many factors, mostly how hungry are you.
Your skill level. How much your time is worth.

You looking for one or you want to know what to charge?

If you looking for one, just make a posting in Consumers Corner, photographer for ROM wedding needed. you also can find out what are the norm rate this way.

Hope this help.

catchlights said:
You looking for one or you want to know what to charge?

If you looking for one, just make a posting in Consumers Corner, photographer for ROM wedding needed. you also can find out what are the norm rate this way.

Hope this help.

Yes.. I am checking out the rates.
Was quoted $220 but wasn't sure if it is reasonable. :sweat:

Not relly sure how to post in the consumers corner.. need permission to post right?

ortega said:
it depends on many factors, mostly how hungry are you.
Your skill level. How much your time is worth.

Ha.. ;)

Think u mistaken me. I not providing the service.

If you are the one getting married, congrats... =)

IMHO, Always check out the photographer's portfolio first before you decide if the price is reasonable. He may have a reasonable or attrative rates but if does not take pictures to your likings, it might be a waste of the reasonable amount of money and a life time ROM memory.

Different photographers have different style of shooting... :D

Sukoo said:
Yes.. I am checking out the rates.
Was quoted $220 but wasn't sure if it is reasonable. :sweat:

Not relly sure how to post in the consumers corner.. need permission to post right?

What does your $220 includes?

If it's just shooting time and burn a CD-ROM for you, then it's reasonable on a low side. Excluding prints of course.

Thanks for all the advises !

mobby said:
If you are the one getting married, congrats... =)

IMHO, Always check out the photographer's portfolio first before you decide if the price is reasonable. He may have a reasonable or attrative rates but if does not take pictures to your likings, it might be a waste of the reasonable amount of money and a life time ROM memory.

Different photographers have different style of shooting... :D

Yup.. :)
Actually the $220 is a quote from a friend. But my fiancee don't really like his style.. but as he is our friend we don't know how to tell him.. :think:

mmm..u can tell him nicely e.g You like him to be IN the picture rather cos he's your friend and you want him to enjoy too and not working (as in busy shooting)... ;)

satan_18349 said:
mmm..u can tell him nicely e.g You like him to be IN the picture rather cos he's your friend and you want him to enjoy too and not working (as in busy shooting)... ;)

Well said well said!!!

It would be better you tell him directly, say you prefer what kind of style, you are the client, free to chose what you want.

A photographer would appreciate honest feedback from people, this will help him/her to adapt the changes or improve in whatever way.

Hope this help.

Sukoo said:
Yup.. :)
Actually the $220 is a quote from a friend. But my fiancee don't really like his style.. but as he is our friend we don't know how to tell him.. :think:
Actually if he's a friend hor, its even easier to tell him directly. Cos u all know his character well.

Maybe dun make it so curt and condescending loh. Juz joke with him or wad. :D

$220 or $200 sounds ok. Assuming if he only covers the solemnisation part and burns all photos to CD-R without doing hardcopy prints. If u all want full day coverage, morning till nite, den maybe $220 sounds a little low.

Sukoo said:
Hi to all,

Anyone knows roughly what is the market rate for engaging a photographer for a Solemnization at ROM?

Normally what is included in the package?
Any pointer is greatly appreciate.

Thanks!
Yes, $220 is mid range, with prints.

For Solemnization at ROM (ROM builtding) photography service, what I know is can be range from $128 with prints and album, to $300 with prints and album.

Whatever the price range, not many ROM couples engage professional photography service.

for a weekday ROM shoot at fort canning for 2 hrs, with prints and albume it can be done at around $200.00.

satan_18349 said:

:bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the advises. :)

And also thankyou to some of fellow Csers here who offered their service to me too..

Hi Sukoo, hope u dun mind I use ur thread.

I'll be doing mine ROM outside in a hotel. Wat's the average rates say for 2hr?

Thanks
JC

Status
Not open for further replies.