Rolex Explorer II

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamcake

Aug 11, 2003
j9ppw8.jpg

The photo is amazingly well taken. I've been trying to shoot my watches without much success, especially with the reflective surfaces. Could you share your set-up here - preferrably with photos? Thanks in advance! :)

PS: Nice Rolex too. :thumbsup:

i have to agree, both shots are very well taken. :)

i, too, am keen to learn how you went about achieving them, so if you don't mind sharing your setup and/or technique, it would be very much appreciated!

i shot this with 2 strobes on softboxes

The trick for me is really in fill cards.
Metals reflect their surroundings, so probably need to fill the ugly reflections with white card and control the distance..

I also used a hoya cheap polarizer. But i guess it didnt do much to the face glass as it was an straight on angle ...

and

you guessed is, photoshop!!!

these watches if u just use your eyes to see it, its perfect, but under the macro lens, every blemish gets amplified! so gotta clean the subject well, and clone away those imperfections during posts.

Nice product shots! Gd lighting

Thanks for the tips. Looks like there is no easy way to take watch pictures; the fill card method sounds challenging! Also, you have amazing PS skills to get rid of reflections from the glass and clone away all the little scuffs and scratches that come with wearing the watch. :thumbsup:

If you ever take more watch pictures again, pls do take and share a picture of your set-up with the strobes and fill cards, too! :)

i shot this with 2 strobes on softboxes

The trick for me is really in fill cards.
Metals reflect their surroundings, so probably need to fill the ugly reflections with white card and control the distance..

I also used a hoya cheap polarizer. But i guess it didnt do much to the face glass as it was an straight on angle ...

and

you guessed is, photoshop!!!

these watches if u just use your eyes to see it, its perfect, but under the macro lens, every blemish gets amplified! so gotta clean the subject well, and clone away those imperfections during posts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.