rokkor 58 f1.2

otc

Feb 8, 2006
www.flickr.com
Rokkor 58 f1.2 arrived and got it mounted using hand, not converted yet, about to send to Benjamin for conversion.

Just tried mounting into K5, took some shots F1.2 1/50 secs iso 200.

minolta rokkor 58 f1.2 taken f1.2 iso 200 shutter 1/50 secs by luctomar, on Flickr

Looking for some old K mount, cheap one if you have one to let go especially if its fungus infested, otherwise I have to let go of viivtar macro K mount converter

marcus

Marcus,

Congrats. It's a fantastic lens. Can you post a photo of it?

Most people will use a cheap M42 to PK mount adaptor and drill the necessary holes.

Cheers.

Very envious... one of most sought after MF lens

Marcus,

Congrats. It's a fantastic lens. Can you post a photo of it?

Most people will use a cheap M42 to PK mount adaptor and drill the necessary holes.

Cheers.

tks, Anthony. Yes, Ben Ang did say using M42 adapter would do. Just thinking if I use a PK mount, would it be better?, like M 50 1.7 lens. I mean the finishing being better that those with the flange from M42.

I shall post some shots of the lens later. Its solid feel within my palms, big aperturre. lol.

Very envious... one of most sought after MF lens

Thanks snapnut. I knew of another pentaxian looking for another one of these but I pulled the trigger first. Well, he helped me bring in this lens. Comparing the cost to Nikkor 58 f1.2, its a fraction only.

marcus

tks, Anthony. Yes, Ben Ang did say using M42 adapter would do. Just thinking if I use a PK mount, would it be better?, like M 50 1.7 lens. I mean the finishing being better that those with the flange from M42.

I shall post some shots of the lens later. Its solid feel within my palms, big aperturre. lol.

marcus

If you can spare an original PK mount from one of your old lenses it will be better. Show Ben some of your Pentax lenses as the mount thickness may be important. Sure will like to try out this lens when it's done. Cheers.

Bokehlicious 58mm f1.2..........

Product shots, but I shoot macro:bsmilie:

taken with takumar smc 50 f1.4.

IMGP7747 by luctomar, on Flickr

IMGP7759 by luctomar, on Flickr

heavier than smc takumar 50 f1.4 and feels more solid built:). rokkor set wide open at f1.2 . condition is mint, a beautiful piece of glass.

Will be ordering cheap m42 to pk mount to convert as I read in pentaxforums...

marcus

Last edited:
Nice rokkor you got there! the best i had was a f1.7. Where and how much you got it for?
Am definitely aiming for one to complement my Minolta X700! =D

Nice treasure there!

I had the Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 donkey years ago. Yes it is a fast lens but it also had some pretty obvious coma aberration especially with pointed light sources at night.
Nice to behold but I thought it was only just okay... speaking as an ex-Minolta user who had a lot of Minolta cameras and lenses.

heavier than smc takumar 50 f1.4 and feels more solid built:). rokkor set wide open at f1.2 . condition is mint, a beautiful piece of glass.

Will be ordering cheap m42 to pk mount to convert as I read in pentaxforums...

marcus

what a poisonous collection :lovegrin:
let me borrow play-play with it when you have converted it to K mount ;)

let's do some 1.4/1.2 outings and shoot using available light. mid autumn lantern festival perhaps?

let me borrow play-play with it when you have converted it to K mount ;)

let's do some 1.4/1.2 outings and shoot using available light. mid autumn lantern festival perhaps?

f1.4 and f1.2 shootout!

Bring it ON!

:)

Marcus, I am really interested to see the photos taken by this new poison :)

Hopefully won't get poisoned.

Nice rokkor you got there! the best i had was a f1.7. Where and how much you got it for?
Am definitely aiming for one to complement my Minolta X700! =D

Nice treasure there!

pick up from evil bay at 650 thru a friend here.;)

tks

marcus

I had the Rokkor 58mm f/1.2 donkey years ago. Yes it is a fast lens but it also had some pretty obvious coma aberration especially with pointed light sources at night.
Nice to behold but I thought it was only just okay... speaking as an ex-Minolta user who had a lot of Minolta cameras and lenses.

Denis, it could be the reason you stated above. I was just thinking the cost compare to nikkon 58 f1.2 and nikkor lens goes as high as 4 K plus where as rokkkor is only a fraction of it. Its even cheaper that A50 f1.2. Rokkor at f1.2 seems sharp as far as I can see .

guess, I will be enjoying this lens for a while.

marcus

let me borrow play-play with it when you have converted it to K mount let's do some 1.4/1.2 outings and shoot using available light. mid autumn lantern festival perhaps?

I tot I am waiting for your to arrive:bsmilie: Came in already? Tks for bringing in for me...

f1.4 and f1.2 shootout!

Bring it ON!

Marcus, I am really interested to see the photos taken by this new poison :)

Hopefully won't get poisoned.

Jk, I have smc takumar 50 f1.4 and once after the conversion I think I will pass u both to compare. Its going to be good for kids portraits, believe me;) This poison is Good :bsmilie:

marcus

Last edited:
Marcus,

You will be the pioneer here to have a Rokker 58f1.2 converted to PK mount. I have admired this lens and many other Minolta lenses but unfortunately, most would not achieve infinity on my old Canon FF body, otherwise I would have owned some of them. So, I am waiting for the day when I can try yours, and I hope Ben will do it soon. When it's ready, let's gather somewhere appropriate to have this f1.2-1.4 shootout. I also want to learn from some of the experienced guys here on how you guys handle such manual focus lenses on K5. especially the K and M types.

Here is a thread at FM that showcases alot of Minolta lenses:

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/924270

Last edited:
nice lens! i got the 50mm f1.4 converted to EOS mount... but a pity cannot focus to infinity on my 5DMKII... although i can use it on my 40D.

pick up from evil bay at 650 thru a friend here.;)

tks

marcus

Thanks for the information Macrus! =)
I had been owning and playing with Rokkors for a couple of years now and in recent years, the M42s as well.
Been loving what they can do on my Minolta X series and Pentax Asahi Spotmatic.
Love the performance and quality for the cost. They are a treasure to hold and produce beauty which in today's term will take alot of Capital M (Money) to achieve.

I am curious, how do you guys do the conversion thingy?
Might try that on my gf's D90 at a later time.

I also have one of the copies, mine is canon-mount so i can use it in my 5D but can't focus to infinity. It is really a piece of art. I will keep it for sure. It is hard to find a good condition copy nowadays.