Roger Federer keeps touching his head band throughout Olympics tennis match

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
At first I thought he had a sudden illness.
Or the head band (with the Nike logo) caused some nasty allergic reaction with his skin.
Just before serving or receiving serve from the Argentinian player, Roger Federer religiously touches or seems to adjust his head band.
If we count it may total a few hundred times.

The match is still going on.

And then I realised why.

This guy is all about money $$$.

In pro tennis, they are paid millions to play matches.
They are not paid to play in the Olympics for their country.
Nike, the generous sponsor needs the hundreds of millions of TV viewers to be constantly reminded of their brand, by Roger Federer.

Last edited:
A most ridiculous post. He was trying to tuck his hair under the headband. It was a very windy day.

You rather this or seeing Rafa Nadal constantly pulling his undies out of his butt crack? I suspect you've never seen tennis before.

What a great insult to the great man.

At first I thought he had a sudden illness.
Or the head band (with the Nike logo) caused some nasty allergic reaction with his skin.
Just before serving or receiving serve from the Argentinian player, Roger Federer religiously touches or seems to adjust his head band.
If we count it may total a few hundred times.

The match is still going on.

And then I realised why.

This guy is all about money $$$.

In pro tennis, they are paid millions to play matches.
They are not paid to play in the Olympics for their country.
Nike, the generous sponsor needs the hundreds of millions of TV viewers to be constantly reminded of their brand, by Roger Federer.

act of endorsing - star athlete can make a lot of money from endorsements:sweat:

was watching it and wonder why tennis player is treated like a prince.. a girl to standby for towel. a boy to carry the umbrella. many girls and boys to pick boys.

might as well held the sport indoor!?

reminds me of the time i had really long hair and did karate. i had to wear a headband to keep the hair flopping over my face... and yes, i had to adjust it. every one has their own quirks.

food for thought:

- if the Nike Logo is above the left nipple, do you see players tugging their twits every few minutes?

- if the Nike logo is at the hem of their shorts, do you see players scratching their legs all the time?

be reminded to keep things civil. u start throwing vulgarities around at other members, i will throw you out of CS.

so. don't. start.

Mr Federer paid per "click" ? (press 1 time get $1000 ? )

it was an epic match which Nike won in 4hrs 30mins approx. Kudos to Juan for his incredible fighting spirit and to Federer for his wily technique and service aces. and well done for Nike to sponsor so many tennis players.