Rodinal in Singapore

Tonal was grainier than APX 100, but not sure why. Was not pushing, but it was a very contrasty scene.

Forgot to mention I made a mistake with my tonal roll, forgot to cool the fixer. Maybe that's why the increased grain?

Interestingly, I received an email from MACO yesterday. The EU will soon classify Rodinal (and most film development chemicals as) as a hazardous chemical. Deutsch Post will cease with immediate effect delivery by Air of Rodinal. UPS will levy a surcharge on it, so delivery of a 20kg box will cost in excess of $500 EUR. The only handler left (and i dont know for how long) that still accepts courier by Air is DHL.

:(

heng... i got two bottles from you :)

I am tempted to make another order and stock up at least 2-3 years worth before they implement the ban. Then we will never see rodinal on our shores.

count me in.

@ykc: Just msg you. Count me in too. This is getting bad. Maybe we should ask ruby to ship in rodinal for us in the future.

I got your SMS edge-t. There must be a reason why ruby doesn't bring it in now

Hi there, please count me in too if there is a new order of Rodinal..

It seems like 20 bottles of Rodinal per shipment would make the most sense to maximise shipping and go under the $400 gst mark.. That would average out to be about $20 a bottle..

Did the price of Rodinal come down? I was invoiced EUR 10.5 per bottle in February and had to negotiate for a discount since we were ordering a larger quantity of it. Let me see if i can find the invoice when i get home. If its really cheaper now, can buy more bottles to stock up.

I'm keen too!

Here's the invoice from the last MO, I've blacked out my address, etc for obvious reasons....

CCF09013_0000_zps334a31df.jpg

I went online last night and saw a price per bottle of EUR 9.90 inclusive vat. If you buy 2 or more its EUR 9.10... I believe our MO price is still better @ Eur 8.925 a bottle. I've sent an email to verify, awaiting their reply. Thereafter, can work out a per bottle price.

Due to my recent experience where I was left stranded with film and some excess bottles, I will not be ordering anything else except Rodinal. Also, to hedge off my risk, I would like to collect 50% of the money upfront before placing the order (this applies to those whom I've not met or participated in the previous MO).

Will await their reply and see what prices we can get....

(off topic humor) it's a terrible situation to be stranded in a apocalyptic digital
world where you are loaded with bricks of film, bottles of rodinal but no fixer.
hahhaaa... i actually bought a couple of packs of powdered fixer... but i think
i am stretching the doomsday scenario a bit much...

What fixer did u buy?

i bought the 3.8 litre power link
as well the 1litre packs link

Raytoei: In such doomsday scenario, where will u find water to mix ur powdered fixer? :)

Due to my recent experience where I was left stranded with film and some excess bottles, I will not be ordering anything else except Rodinal. Also, to hedge off my risk, I would like to collect 50% of the money upfront before placing the order (this applies to those whom I've not met or participated in the previous MO).

I will recommend to collect 100% upfront. There will always be people who order then have a change of heart.. Then they will fly kite just because they can take advantage of it.. So in the event they fly kite, I will take it as free gift.. Plus there is also additional motivation for MO participants to collect their things quickly.. Just my personal experience :)

Sorry or the prolonged absence. I was away on vacation. Have close to 50 rolls to process so that will likely consume a bottle or 2 of rodinal. I'm ready to order more rodinal. Based on the lower euro, each bottle should price between 25 to 30. For those who are interested pls SMS me. 9 eight 34346 eight. Those that indicated interest previously I have noted ur orders. For bros whom I have not met before I would like to collect half up front due to previous bad experience with leftover goods.