Rodinal in Singapore

Hi: For those that participated in the order, I've sent you either a PM or Email (or both) regarding the charges and pick-up arrangements. Look forward to meeting up with you.

Hi Everyone
Thank you for your patience. There have been a few questions regarding the order of Rodinal. Unfortunately, its not here yet. I know, I'm getting tired of waiting too. The DHL tracking number that I was given shows that the package arrived in Singapore on Tuesday 5th March. It was then handed over to Singpost for the final leg. Now, I'm not sure if the package is held up at customs, or with Singpost somewhere. I'm down to my last 50ml of Rodinal. :( I will let everyone know once the goods are at hand. Thank you again for your patience. We are now at the mercy of Singapore Customs and Singpost.

Pls see excerpts from the DHL website:

Status from Tue, 05.03.2013 16:15 hours The shipment has arrived in the destination country
Next step The shipment is being transported to the delivery depot

Last edited:
Yippee...you will receive it this week.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed yet i'm not hopeful. :(

Keeping fingers crossed together~

if it doesn't happen this week and you need a rodinal fix,
you can nip some from me,
i still have 1/2 bottle of rodinal, 1/2 bottle of hc-110,
1/2 bottle of ilford pq developer (for paper + film).

raytoei

Hi: I wanted to give an update on the shipment of Rodinal.
According to Singpost or rather Speedpost, they only took receipt of the package from DHL Global Mail on Friday. It is still sitting at their sorting facility pending processing.
I have called DHL Singapore to lodge a complaint why the package was handed over to Singpost for delivery to me, when the package was sent out via DHL in Germany. Their reply was that DHL Global Mail and DHL Singapore are 2 seperate companies. I have also called Singpost to enquire why they are so slow in processing the package. Reply: "Lots of packages lah"....

All in all, we consumers appear to be the losers in this case. Pay a lot of shipping, yet get inefficient or no service.

My apologies to all who ordered the rodinal, I will keep you posted as soon as I hear from Singpost.

thanks for update.

the tracking number given by macodirect
can also be entered in singpost, the issue
is usually singpost as DHL will pass it over
to Singpost to send the items to you.

Singpost has not managed to keep up with the
increase in volume.

raytoei

Just got a call from singpost. The package can be collected by 5 pm this evening at paya lebar. Thank the photography gods it's finally here. Those who have opted for self collection in East Coast can SMS or email me after 5pm to make pickup arrangements.

Finally the ordeal is over.

Just got a call from singpost. The package can be collected by 5 pm this evening at paya lebar. Thank the photography gods it's finally here. Those who have opted for self collection in East Coast can SMS or email me after 5pm to make pickup arrangements.

Finally the ordeal is over.

Heheh. That's not so bad. A 2-3 weeks wait? Thanks for arranging this.

I missed this thread. BTW, you don't happen to have any more bottles to spare do you?

I've just sent out sms-es and emails to those who participated in the order. In case i missed anyone out, please PM me or post something here...

Its literally "in my hands"....

Rodinal_zps8e492c58.jpg

btw, I was super kiasu and ordered 5 bottles for myself. If anyone missed out on the order and would like to have a bottle, you are welcome to take one off me.

each roll is 3ml....500 ml * 5 bottles = 500/3 * 5 = 833 rolls
... assuming you shoot 5 rolls a week....
it will take you 3 years of non-stop shooting to exhaust your rodinal...

kentmere 400 is still available at 29.95 for 100ft which is around 30rolls @20 exposure
or
kentmere 100 at 35usd but includes free shipping..

Kentmere Black & White Film | Buy, Compare & Review | Adorama

raytoei

1 x 100 ft Double XX
2 x 100ft tri-x
4 x 100ft fomapan 400
10 x 100ft kentmere 400
3 x 500ft polypan 50

Last edited:
Thanks to ykc2001 for organising the MO and letting me have one of the bottles. =)

thanks from me too, and some pics from my first rodinal dev session. two men smoking in their vehicles - contax g + apx 100.

8558814260_a19f3a82dc_h.jpg

ykc2011, thanks for organising it. much effort and time went into this. thanks again. raytoei

rodinal-contact.jpg

rolleiflex with fp4 and rodinal stand for 30 mins.
scanned from negatives in a plastic sheet.

Last edited:
Anerjee: That's a beautiful shot! Did u push the film? Its a little grainer than I expected.

Ray: Nice! Who's the model?

Tonal was grainier than APX 100, but not sure why. Was not pushing, but it was a very contrasty scene.