rocket blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
if you have the rocket blower, (black with red tip), dump it in your dri-cabi.
mine was distintegrating when i wanted to use it to blow out some dust on lens.
despite washing it, the black rubber continue to 'fall off' and stick to my hands.

humidity in sgp kills everything.

noted.

just got one a few weeks ago, been on my desk since.

If you are getting a new one or replacement, I would recommend the light blue one with the metal tip. Compact and durable.

Thanks for the headsup! i keep mine in the drawer with those dehumidifier u get in supermarkets

beware also when u use those at the shops. there was a time i bgt a filter at a reputable shop and used their rocket blower, end up there was dust inside and had to clean both lens and filter:(

lesson learnt: bring ur own

Excessively low humidity might accelerate rubber hardening / cracking as well.

oh.. thats bad. you dont wanna blow the dust all over your lens when you're cleaning it..

by the way, is there any difference between the rocket blowers (the black and red ones) and those with metal tips? coz i know the people at john 3:16 use the metal tipped ones..

If you are getting a new one or replacement, I would recommend the light blue one with the metal tip. Compact and durable.

This isn't a rocket blower. The rocket blower refers to the one that's sold at CP, with the "rocket wings" on the bottom of the blower so it can stand.

I believe you are referring to the A*f swiss blower, sold at John 3:16.

This isn't a rocket blower. The rocket blower refers to the one that's sold at CP, with the "rocket wings" on the bottom of the blower so it can stand.

I believe you are referring to the A*f swiss blower, sold at John 3:16.

Yup, you're right. Its the A*f swiss blower. I was referring to getting a replacement blower, not necessary a rocket. :)

Last edited:
What exactly is the difference between the branded ones and the cheapo brandless ones? I mean, they all just blow air right?

My "rocket blower" still OK after 3 years of regular use. Lucky me.

But nothing beats Visible Dust Artic Butterfly.

What exactly is the difference between the branded ones and the cheapo brandless ones? I mean, they all just blow air right?

The quality of air, of course.

I bought a cheapo one, those that came in an all-in-one kit, its nozzle came off within 2 weeks.

if you have the rocket blower, (black with red tip), dump it in your dri-cabi.
mine was distintegrating when i wanted to use it to blow out some dust on lens.
despite washing it, the black rubber continue to 'fall off' and stick to my hands.

humidity in sgp kills everything.

I have this Giottos Rocket blower for a few years already and have also been storing it inside my dry cabinet but use it everyday for other stuffs so it's still going strong. I believe u haven't been using it for a long time, causing the rubber to become too dry, thus the disintegration.

The blue one with the metal tip is good... :) And yes.. I just store it inside my drawer with thirsty hippo..

I also have that, the Swiss made one. Yupz it's gd but the rocket blower has more 'power'.

'Cause its easier to press; the blue blower is a little stiffer, which does actually encourage a more concentrated blast of air when squeezed hard, but the difference in power is not really noticed in practice.

i give up on blowers.
i was using the blue one with metal tip a few years ago.
same problem.

nowadays, i jsut get the canned pressurised air blower from cp.
about $25 per can.
it's so powerful, all you need is a few squirts, and the dust are pawned.:)

artic butterfly...YYD70s, are they for sensor?do they make for lens?i dont dare clean my sensor myself.

i give up on blowers.
i was using the blue one with metal tip a few years ago.
same problem.

nowadays, i jsut get the canned pressurised air blower from cp.
about $25 per can.
it's so powerful, all you need is a few squirts, and the dust are pawned.:)

artic butterfly...YYD70s, are they for sensor?do they make for lens?i dont dare clean my sensor myself.

The AA filter is VERY tough... dun worry about it.

Heck, I even cleaned it with new cleaning clothes before using finger pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.