Rocket Blast OFF

Astralloner

Jul 5, 2010
seletar3.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition - I think my composition for this landmark feature of Upper seletar is quite "standard". Included the trees on both sides of the tower hoping to use them as a frame, but not sure if that effect is achieved properly.:dunno:

Post-processing - Tried HDR for this picture, quite like that effect. but not sure if its the best way to present this picture or other moods/ colour tones may be better, hope to get inputs from the seniors here.

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope that when ppl see this picture, they would think that its something they never imagined how the Upper seletar tower would look like this. ;)

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Its was a bright sunny day but with lots of clouds. As the tower reminds me of a space rocket, I thought the clouds would add to the tower as though it was a rocket launching off, so I thought of using HDR to bring out the details of the clouds in the back. Not sure if its the best way to do it or not.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I thought it was an ok shot, but not really of an OOMPH picture. I do like that cloud formations that day though.

thanks for viewing and comments to improve!

I like the HDR effect, it's rather subtle. Very sharp image of the tower! It does look like a rocket!
Composition wise, I would prefer not to have the trees in the image. Is there space on the right/left side which you could move to?
Centering the tower with a symmetric viewpoint would have a much stronger composition too.

I like the HDR effect, it's rather subtle. Very sharp image of the tower! It does look like a rocket!
Composition wise, I would prefer not to have the trees in the image. Is there space on the right/left side which you could move to?
Centering the tower with a symmetric viewpoint would have a much stronger composition too.

Hi derrickder, thanks for your suggestions. I could probably shift to the other side where the trees would be parallel to make it easier to exclude them from the shot.

I'll try again next time. :D

I do see some halo effects ard the outline of the tower due to the HDR.
I like the clouds and the sky. ;)

I do see some halo effects ard the outline of the tower due to the HDR.
I like the clouds and the sky. ;)

yes, i notice this when i first saw the image too..
composition wise, i think it is ok, but if you can put it symmetrical that would be better..
the tree i think can add into the composition, just a matter of how you put it into the photo..
just some inputs from a noob..

Thanks for your inputs guys. Will drop by there again one of these days when the weather is better.