Rock the Beach ...


Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Senior Member
Jan 18, 2002
2,312
0
0
46
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
I like the top part of the pic.. Good use of long shutter speed.

The foreground is rather unspectacular. Also dun like the "coco" water between the foreground rocks.

Cheers.
 

heshang

Senior Member
Oct 2, 2003
1,479
4
38
NUS
yeah. the top part looks like mountains in heavy fog. :)

the bottom part is more "real" and unimaginative.


binbeto said:
I like the top part of the pic.. Good use of long shutter speed.

The foreground is rather unspectacular. Also dun like the "coco" water between the foreground rocks.

Cheers.
 

moos blues

New Member
Nov 12, 2003
680
0
0
35
Pasir ris
pachome2.pacific.net.sg
cld have told me it was an ariel shot and i wld have believed at first glance. nice one.

is that the colours? or was there some sort of color shift?
 

jasphotography

New Member
Jul 28, 2002
1,305
0
0
Singapore
thanks for your views/comments guys/gals.

My POV is: I personally like the duo tones (warm pink foreground and cool blue background) and contrast (static foreground and dynamic background).

I could imagine what it would be like if the foreground is as dynamic as the back. It should be lovely but would I lose the tones/contrast I want? Well, I think I probably need to find out!



yeah moos blues, it does look like abit of a ariel shot. That's very imaginative of you!

For the colours, yes there's a shift there... ;)
I have used a blue 80A and pink filters. The 80A seems to have enhanced the blue/cool water at the background and the pink filter appeared to have brought out the colour of the sand in the foreground.

As I have mentioned, I like the duo tones which I did not anticipate...
 

jasphotography

New Member
Jul 28, 2002
1,305
0
0
Singapore
heshang said:
the bottom part is more "real" and unimaginative.
ok, I have been chewing with your words... do you mean I lack imagination? :cry: :bsmilie:



czeyang said:
Makes me curious what's on the left.
That's the point, isn't? Show you a little and it grows in you...
right... who has just said I lack imagination??? :D



geoyip said:
Nice, its got a nice calm feel to the image, kind of very zen feeling
Thanks... Maybe, I should have titled it "Heaven and Earth"...
 

heshang

Senior Member
Oct 2, 2003
1,479
4
38
NUS
jasphotography said:
ok, I have been chewing with your words... do you mean I lack imagination? :cry: :bsmilie:
what i meant was that it would leave the viewer with less imagination than the top part. so sorry for my poor English. :p next time maybe try a longer focal length to emphasie the top part alone. :)
 

jasphotography

New Member
Jul 28, 2002
1,305
0
0
Singapore
jasphotography said:
My POV is: I personally like the duo tones (warm pink foreground and cool blue background) and contrast (static foreground and dynamic background).

I could imagine what it would be like if the foreground is as dynamic as the back. It should be lovely but would I lose the tones/contrast I want? Well, I think I probably need to find out!
Sorry to dip up old thread... but I just realised today I also took another shot with "more imagination".

So, you guys can tell me which shot you prefer now.

 

Status
Not open for further replies.