tchuanye

Staff member
Mar 4, 2003
Visit site
A few more shots

14281339-L.jpg

14285991-L.jpg

14281333-L.jpg

Do let me know if it works for you, like it or not. Thanks!

josho said:
OH MINE!!!!

Great!!!
Whats the setting man!!! :sweat:

Thanks Josho!

ExposureTime : 1/80Sec
FNumber : F8.0
ExposureProgram : Manual
ISOSpeedRatings : 50

ExposureTime : 1/1000Sec
FNumber : F8.0

ExposureTime : 1/160Sec
FNumber : F4.6

Nice! The 1st pic did u use PS to blur the background??

rogersk8ter said:
Nice! The 1st pic did u use PS to blur the background??

Nope, I focused at the bottom 1/3 of the pic and took the shot.

tchuanye said:

Very Nice pics!!! :thumbsup:

Sigh, I still don't really know went to use which F stops for differents pics. I often used F8.0 or F2.8, they're the extreme. So in between I seldom use them. :(

Hi tchuanye,

Those are fantastic shots. I aim to train my eyes to see things from your angle! The composition can be said as flawless.

Just 2 simple questions here:
1. What's your secret?
2. How do you put that blur border frame thingie? Mind teaching me a few tricks?

Any help would not be lost on this newbie. :D

sunslinger said:
Hi tchuanye,

2. How do you put that blur border frame thingie? Mind teaching me a few tricks?

tchuanye said:

;)

Practise is the word.

spiderman. depending on the situation and how bright is the area. Trigger ard with the F stop. Hehe.. I read that F5.6 is the sharpest image. Maybe you can try that as well. ;)

Cheer cheers. eheh

sunslinger said:
Hi tchuanye,

Just 2 simple questions here:
1. What's your secret?

:D

1. practice... read and practice again
hehe

2. i belive ure talkin abt the framing as in the psed pic?
if so, u will need some photo editing software. photoshop is popular.

Hi incubus,

Yup, I was referring to the PSed photo with the framing and the little nugget of description and copyright stuff.. How DO you create that kind of framing in PS? I guess I can mess around to find a solution for black border kind of frame but a frame with blurry look... wow... priceless... I just need to be pointed the right direction. ;)

sunslinger said:
Hi incubus,

Yup, I was referring to the PSed photo with the framing and the little nugget of description and copyright stuff.. How DO you create that kind of framing in PS? I guess I can mess around to find a solution for black border kind of frame but a frame with blurry look... wow... priceless... I just need to be pointed the right direction. ;)

Use this as a guide....I started from here first....
http://www.clubsnap.org/display.php?file=articles/border/borders.htm

-Use the rectangle select to select your frame,
-CTRL-C to copy, CTRL-V to paste.
-At new layer, go to layer>Layer style>drop shadow AND also check on bevel and embross.
-Play around with settings
-Click background layer, and add Gausian blur to your liking.
-Text -see above article.

Thats it.

your pics are always very sharp...unlike mine..can you tell me why you decided to use f8 for the first 2 pics?

snapMan said:
your pics are always very sharp...unlike mine..can you tell me why you decided to use f8 for the first 2 pics?

To my understanding, the Apeture number does not determine sharpness, it controls depth of field, the zone where the image are in focus.

First pic, I had wanted to keep the near and far distance scene to be sharp, so I choose the smallest apeture i.e F8. And I focus 1/3 below the pic. Tried a method called hyperfocusing, as in my previous SLR days....so did not achieve my intention, but the end result was still pleasing, with foreground sharp and background slightly blur.

2nd pic, was more of too much light, it was sunrise, and it was quite bright, and I wanted a darker mood, so I had to increase to F8.

Hope this helps!

But the first picture end up blur in on the top, does it mean that it is a limitation of the camera, that it is quite impossible to focus nicely for both near and far...??

Actually i am quite idiot when it comes to f stops and shutter speed.

Why is 8 a bigger number yet a smaller aperture size...??? everytime confused over this...??

Cheers...

Thanks a million tchuanye!

I guess it'll be busy days ahead with exploring about borders but really, really thank you for pointing me in the right direction! :D

Hong Jia said:
But the first picture end up blur in on the top, does it mean that it is a limitation of the camera, that it is quite impossible to focus nicely for both near and far...??

Actually i am quite idiot when it comes to f stops and shutter speed.

Why is 8 a bigger number yet a smaller aperture size...??? everytime confused over this...??

Cheers...

Have not really experimented with that yet, depends on the hyperfocal distance of the lens.

With regards to the F number and all that......well, all I can say that its been like that for ages, and after a while you will get used to it.... ;)

sunslinger said:
Thanks a million tchuanye!

I guess it'll be busy days ahead with exploring about borders but really, really thank you for pointing me in the right direction! :D

No prob! Its my pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.