Not open for further replies.

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Hi , trying on this kind of shots.
Let me hear your comments. :D
Resize_of_DSC_0068.jpg

:thumbsup: Larren, Yes zoom in or out the lens.,very simple process ..hope you do try one shot of this process and post it here.

Larren Chen said:
hey hosea... wao veri creative shot... slow shutter izzet ??? then u move your camera right ??? :)

tried this before.. but never achieve the same results as u.. u got a nice photo here hosea... :thumbsup:

GDSNP said:
tried this before.. but never achieve the same results as u.. u got a nice photo here hosea... :thumbsup:
Thanks man, actually this was my first try while trying to explain to a stranger( another photographer) on how to go about doing it. He was trying hard without success and ask for help when i passed by :D

Larren Chen said:
how many times u tried taking this pic ??? :)
hehe, after 2 or 3 shots. maybe real lucky me.
Hey u can start trying from you home in the night. :D

Hosea,

ok i will try soon... well today , i mean sunday went to big walk... now still kinda tired... maybe by this week... gonna finish backup my lap top... then start taking pics again... :)

will send u the url for my pics asap... sori about it... kinda slow... :)

Nice picture you got. I see this kind of effect before. You say that you did it by zooming in and out of the lenses. So I assume only SLR camera can do it right?

If we want to take this kind of pictures by using a non-SLR camera, we will have to move the whole camera, which i felt that it very difficult. :)

skyline_impreza said:
Nice picture you got. I see this kind of effect before. You say that you did it by zooming in and out of the lenses. So I assume only SLR camera can do it right?

If we want to take this kind of pictures by using a non-SLR camera, we will have to move the whole camera, which i felt that it very difficult. :)

Hello Skyline,
Thanks for your comment.
I think so, remember I can't do this with my prosumer camera a year ago while seeing my friend doing it with his SLR. :sweat:
Don't think you can move your camera body in and out to capture this kind of photo. :bigeyes:
Hmm, maybe buy an SLR ( either film or digital) to stretch the photography
technique. ;)

skyline_impreza said:

Actually is it is possible to do it with some of the prosumer cam.

for example the Minolta 7i, Sony F828 to list afew.
whats common in those cams are that they have manual zooms.
so with slow shutter speed and Mechanical Zooms, these type of effects would be achieved.

I tried once with me 2MP sony cam. and it turned out like this.

bluefusion.jpg

my cam does not have optical zoom let alone manual zoom. = )
keep shooting!

orh cos i saw a similar picture inside the class... taken by an instructor :) hehe jus coincidental!

ziedrich said:
orh cos i saw a similar picture inside the class... taken by an instructor :) hehe jus coincidental!
Oh, maybe the instructor copy mine :bsmilie: Just kidding, didnt know anyone took the same photo as mine.
Actually this is an accident shots while trying to help a passer by photographer.
So you are in PSS now attending what course?

Status
Not open for further replies.