River hongbao 08

Status
Not open for further replies.
page can not go, i think u pay to the site right?

Seen e dates @ Newpaper. Fireworks on 5, 6, 7 and 16 of Feb

i think it is in the waterway between anderson bridge and esplanade bridge.

i cant understand why they want the fireworks to be there

1) remember river hongpao 07, how the food street along the riverside walkway and grand performing stage right beside esplanade bridge jam up the human traffic flow?

2) the sheares bridge was close to human traffic for safety concern. isnt it worst now it is even nearer to the jam pack crowd? unless the fireworks is going to be punny small little ones, than it is safe lor (according to their standard reason for closing the sheares bridge).
if not, are they going to close the esplanade bridge and anderson bridge?

3) there is a much bigger space for the crowd to stand comfortably in the usual place cause there are no food stalls and stage to block the viewers.

yes, i think the human traffic will be a nightmare there, and the fireworks will be those low and small scale kind. think they are testing various locations in that area in preparation for the F1/IR opening ceremony. the 07/08 new year fireworks was in a different location as well.

happen to have the timings too?

5th opening ceremony, 8pm?? 9pm??
6th: count down at mid night
7th: normal time 8pm?? 9pm??
16th: last day, 8pm?? 9pm??

last yr was at 9pm?

yes, i think the human traffic will be a nightmare there, and the fireworks will be those low and small scale kind. think they are testing various locations in that area in preparation for the F1/IR opening ceremony. the 07/08 new year fireworks was in a different location as well.

imo, it may not be worth the effort if that is going to be the case.

anderson bridge is old and vibrates badly when bus pass through, so they might close the it for safety reason. imagine it fully loaded with people and it suddenly snap......:eek: it happens frequently oversea.

if shoot from esplanade or asm, dont think can see cause it may be low level fireworks.

cavenagh bridge may be close also since it is very old, imagine it snap with full load of people on it....:eek:

i wonder why i am so negative towards this years river hongbao.:dunno::think:

:bigeyes:firing point on the road!!

sorry for the misunderstanding i have caused. was told it will be on that small waterway i mentioned.:embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.