Not open for further replies.

blak

Apr 23, 2004
Untitled-4.jpg

Untitled-1_copy.jpg

Untitled-3_copy.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

risque

this set was taken in linear studio, thanks to brett and friend for being very helpful.

edited post: sorry for the change.

excellent!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good enuf for a fashion mag!

btw, did u use B&W film for this, or digital then PS?

Woah... dude.. amazing shots! nice composition nice colours (?) as in the gradients of black and white are nice.cool!

nice series :thumbsup:

nightwolf75 said:
excellent!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good enuf for a fashion mag!

btw, did u use B&W film for this, or digital then PS?

fashion mag? purrluease.

digital then ps.

:D

i see a post by blak and i think : what else is he gonna churn out this time ?

not very impressive for the whole series, not exactly all can make it to a fashion magazine, well, only one in fact, which is the 2nd last one of the model sitting down.

that one takes the cake.

the rest are pretty standard. note the messy hair all around for the first few... messy as in, strands flying all around. that's really unacceptable.

i won't comment much, the 2nd last one gets my vote for the absolute cleanliness and mood and feel of the entire pic. now your job, is to make the white background clean - some spots on the ground - PS them - and then you have a pic that you can frame up in your house and say - DAMN I SHOT THAT ONE.

Maybe I was dirty minded, for a moment I thought you were gonna show something risque... :devil:

Code:
  risque
       adj : suggestive of sexual impropriety; "a blue movie"; "blue
             jokes"; "he skips asterisks and gives you the gamy
             details"; "a juicy scandal"; "a naughty wink"; "naughty
             words"; "racy anecdotes"; "a risque story"; "spicy
             gossip" [syn: {blue}, {gamy}, {gamey}, {juicy}, {naughty},
              {racy}, {spicy}]

oeyvind said:
Maybe I was dirty minded, for a moment I thought you were gonna show something risque... :devil:

Code:
  risque
       adj : suggestive of sexual impropriety; "a blue movie"; "blue
             jokes"; "he skips asterisks and gives you the gamy
             details"; "a juicy scandal"; "a naughty wink"; "naughty
             words"; "racy anecdotes"; "a risque story"; "spicy
             gossip" [syn: {blue}, {gamy}, {gamey}, {juicy}, {naughty},
              {racy}, {spicy}]

hmm. i'm still young, so maybe things generally gets tamed down a little. i'll try getting the next one to be a little more risque? if that's what our target audience here prefer. but how far can i go? i used to ask my lecturers what are the limitations to liberal contents, and they'd simply shrug and say it's common sense. But i think my common sense wouldn't have allowed me to execute a picture of liberal content. what should i do? **** the common sense or **** the idea?

sequitur said:
the rest are pretty standard. note the messy hair all around for the first few... messy as in, strands flying all around. that's really unacceptable.

aiyer, i'm too lazy to ps. it takes forever, especially my computer to clone and heal. thanks for your comments, i'll keep that in mind about the hair.

hmm.. framing is your downfall this series.. the models weren't framed nicely resulting in a very unbalanced kind of feel. the B&W tonality can be enhanced more with curves and levels. I'm fine with the model's own posing, the hair and stuff if that's the look you want to go for.

blak, dun have the impression that you have to "tame down" with age. You are coming along fine and should infact explore more alternatives in your shots.. do something different rather than the tried - tested - proven - discarded. But of coz the basics must still be there :) be crazy with your ideas :thumbsup: coz you never know...

good job la. i like the 2nd last one. the last one. has a weird touch to it. haha. but the 2nd one looks like one of the [america's next top model] photos. lOl~

Hey, think it was a great job. Nice choice of tones n poses.
Like 3 n 5 alot..no harm breaking some rules rite??..

SniperD said:
hmm.. framing is your downfall this series.. the models weren't framed nicely resulting in a very unbalanced kind of feel. the B&W tonality can be enhanced more with curves and levels. I'm fine with the model's own posing, the hair and stuff if that's the look you want to go for.

blak, dun have the impression that you have to "tame down" with age. You are coming along fine and should infact explore more alternatives in your shots.. do something different rather than the tried - tested - proven - discarded. But of coz the basics must still be there :) be crazy with your ideas :thumbsup: coz you never know...

thanks sniper! i have some crazy ideas, but it's kinda like difficult to execute. say, if i saw this old man on the street with this extraordinary artistic look ( you know what i mean), can i like approach him and ask him to be my model for a studio shoot? and how should i explain to him? or maybe even discuss about the price? without getting brushed away like some pests.

pinkx said:
good job la. i like the 2nd last one. the last one. has a weird touch to it. haha. but the 2nd one looks like one of the [america's next top model] photos. lOl~

omg. america's next model? i want tyra banks!! go get her new singles - Shake ya body. i don't know if it's released yet. to me, its like wow.

blak said:
thanks sniper! i have some crazy ideas, but it's kinda like difficult to execute. say, if i saw this old man on the street with this extraordinary artistic look ( you know what i mean), can i like approach him and ask him to be my model for a studio shoot? and how should i explain to him? or maybe even discuss about the price? without getting brushed away like some pests.

actually when you see that man at that point in time, you notice that artistic look, do you think it will translate well when over in the studio? He only looks like that to you coz he's in his usual environment or "element" as i like to call it.

you have to learn how to ID the workable within the studio surroundings and the outdoor. Well, you can try taking a few shots of him 1st in his element and then show him the results. If he's interested enough, you have to see what you can entice him further to suit your course. :)

Difficult to execute becoz you are limited by certain obstacles you can't see beyond now but slowly, you will be able to get pass them when you mature in the craft :)

SniperD said:
actually when you see that man at that point in time, you notice that artistic look, do you think it will translate well when over in the studio? He only looks like that to you coz he's in his usual environment or "element" as i like to call it.

you have to learn how to ID the workable within the studio surroundings and the outdoor. Well, you can try taking a few shots of him 1st in his element and then show him the results. If he's interested enough, you have to see what you can entice him further to suit your course. :)

Difficult to execute becoz you are limited by certain obstacles you can't see beyond now but slowly, you will be able to get pass them when you mature in the craft :)

thanks. i get what you mean. thanks for the solution sniper, actually i heard some about you when i was in brett's :D when can you like show me what to do in a studio? .. i edited the post btw. better? or worse?

blak said:
thanks. i get what you mean. thanks for the solution sniper, actually i heard some about you when i was in brett's :D when can you like show me what to do in a studio? .. i edited the post btw. better? or worse?

Hmm..good things or bad thing you heard??.. :think:

keep the 2nd one as your reference and trash the rest. Reshoot the 2nd one. The exposure is good and the light's dramatic.

as for studio stuff, we can share experiences though I am still learning about it myself :)

SniperD said:
Hmm..good things or bad thing you heard??.. :think:

keep the 2nd one as your reference and trash the rest. Reshoot the 2nd one. The exposure is good and the light's dramatic.

as for studio stuff, we can share experiences though I am still learning about it myself :)

great things. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.