RIP I hereby Rest my Case on the Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

art2d3d

Dec 15, 2003
These will go on and on like a Marathon.

It's Not Defamation.

It's Not Sour Grape.

It's Not Sportsmanship.

It's Not Even a Competition!

So Long I'm Migrating away from photo competition.

Sometimes, we have to do what we have to to be happy, or retain our sanity.

Uh so wat happened?

what's this about?

DM - can trouble you to give us the background?

oh my word..

don't you have any better to do?

why don't you just take part in all the competitions, lose and start bitching threads about every single one of them?

in london, when it comes to students, we all have a saying that "someone has to take the smallest room" when it comes to rentals.

equal opportunity (to win) doesn't mean equal outcome. not everyone wins, it is subjective, blah blah blah. if anyone organises a competition where everyone gets a prize, then it will be a sad day. does anyone want to see a never-ending chalice of olympic gold medals in london 2012? or every single football club in the uk waving a golden cup? what is the fun of the competition when you take away the chance to lose (and do better in future)?

so what if you don't win? there's always another one. so what if you don't agree with the judging? don't you think the judges are more qualified to judge?

what i cannot take most is that you just run your mouth without any ounce of sensitivity. you are emotional, you are upset, and you show it in a blazing glory of fire. that takes away any ounce of credibility that you may have in your claims and demands for more transparency, and leaves me with the impression that you are a sore loser.

have a good day. and for your health's sake, please don't take part in any more competitions.

Last edited:
oh my word..

don't you have any better to do?

why don't you just take part in all the competitions, lose and start bitching threads about every single one of them?

in london, when it comes to students, we all have a saying that "someone has to take the smallest room" when it comes to rentals.

equal opportunity (to win) doesn't mean equal outcome. not everyone wins, it is subjective, blah blah blah. if anyone organises a competition where everyone gets a prize, then it will be a sad day. does anyone want to see a never-ending chalice of olympic gold medals in london 2012? or every single football club in the uk waving a golden cup? what is the fun of the competition when you take away the chance to lose (and do better in future)?

so what if you don't win? there's always another one. so what if you don't agree with the judging? don't you think the judges are more qualified to judge?

what i cannot take most is that you just run your mouth without any ounce of sensitivity. you are emotional, you are upset, and you show it in a blazing glory of fire. that takes away any ounce of credibility that you may have in your claims and demands for more transparency, and leaves me with the impression that you are a sore loser.

have a good day. and for your health's sake, please don't take part in any more competitions.

where's your ounce of sensitivity aye? :nono:

such an emotive outburst.

for your health sake, you should retire from Kopitiam for (your own) good! :bsmilie:

Last edited:
where's your ounce of sensitivity aye? :nono:

such an emotive outburst.

for your health sake, you should retire from Kopitiam for (your own) good! :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: that's true

"when you gaze into the abyss, remember that the abyss gazes into you."

i guess i got carried away, since one of the shots he was talking about was my friend's, and i think he was really, really, really being very rude about it. apologise for the emotive outburst. and thanks for the cold water.. :)

To me, last years work wow me in a good sense. This year's work wow me in the other sense. :think:

where are the winning works?:p

if there are photographs that every single human being on the planet love, then whoever took them, must be a very rich man. :angel:

hrm. i don't see any prize section there.. sorry, must be getting old.. :dunno: i don't see any familiar photo in the gallery section so that can't be it.. though i spot a familiar photo of stimbijik lying down in the grass there. :devil:

can help? :D

Last edited:
It is surprising to find that you are surprised by the fact that he is always surprised which is not a surprise of all surprises. :bsmilie:

why you never submit a series of photos of yourself? :bsmilie:

ah ok i found it! :)

...nothing wrong what.. :( why so emoooo

i like every single photo in the open category, with the theme kept in mind.

Last edited:
hrm. i don't see any prize section there.. sorry, must be getting old.. :dunno: i don't see any familiar photo in the gallery section so that can't be it.. though i spot a familiar photo of stimbijik lying down in the grass there. :devil:

can help? :D

Photos and works ---> the small line which says "click here to view winning works" just above sponsor names

I will if it is a self-portrait Marathon. :)

can i organise one for you to take part?

then people will not be happy..

"wear goggles and act emo, play with toy snake also can win?!?!?!?!" :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.