RIP I hereby Rest my Case on the Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.
its the org., judges and other photogs fault that i didnt win. rip.:bsmilie::bsmilie:

heheh

May I suggest we start a "1000s reason why I did not win the photo shooting contest" sorta like a dedication and recognition to all those who did not make the cut. Let the healing begin heh

Adding to the points here by denniskee..here's my rant: From taking the "morale route" to playing the "hapless victim"....aiyo.... this is so like Singapore or American Idol. Don't make the cut, come out with all kinds of outlandish reasons why they were cheated out of the chance or judge is bias blah blah blah. Real life is never fair and predictable... get use to it... and better luck next time. Maybe then you can tell us next time your ratio of win/lose is now "4 wins 7 loses" Which by the way boy, is more times better then 99.9% of us would ever get to win joining various contest ! So count yourself already better off.

Last edited:
heheh

May I suggest we start a "1000s reason why I did not win the photo shooting contest" sorta like a dedication and recognition to all those who did not make the cut. Let the healing begin heh

from riotvan, vonlichenstein, bovine, royaux, adamadam LIVE FROM MCDONALDS:

THAT.

IS A BRILLIANT IDEA.

LET THE EXPOSERS HELP YOU OUT!

:thumbsup:

from riotvan, vonlichenstein, bovine, royaux, adamadam LIVE FROM MCDONALDS:

THAT.

IS A BRILLIANT IDEA.

:thumbsup:

Post post post!:bsmilie:

We are afraid of Queen of The Exposers.

Photo96.jpg

where's the sharp canines & nail extensions for effect!! :bsmilie:

I went to look at the winning images.

I can see:

1. There is an overwhelming focus on "concept to execution" part by the judges
2. It does not require "great" effort on the creators' part to be considered a good image
3. It does not even require perfect technical skills to show an understanding of the theme
4. It does not matter if you can run faster or climb higher, or get into places other can't.
5. It does not reward the ones with the most expensive/heavy equipment
6. But it does show that anybody can come up with a great idea.

Here (my opinion) the winners showed "thought", and is able to "translate" that idea into an image where is understood by the judges (whoever it is) to convey what they thought was appropriate, unique, and worthy of the prize they give.

Please reflect on how the battle was won, not at the number of tanks or people you have sacrificed to lose that battle. We will be all the better for it.

To all the "POSITIVE" photographers.
I'm so glad you are all SO "POSITIVE".

There is many photo exhibition going on now.... please take a look at them.

I'll always remain "NEGATIVE" in the juding of this year's competition.
BTW last few years I didn't COMPLAIN.

THis year we saw alot of "cannot Find subject, let's pose for one" kind of photographs.
If you all claim that is the Thought that gave a good winning photos... then Why some many other photographers shot the "Common Street" Scenes!
Do you mean they are not competent to win?

I mean that please look the photos that won in other countries for the marathon competition. Theirs shots are photojounalist style.

Are the 2 winners going to New Zealand to shoot "posed" shots?
Mind to show us after they return?
I and many other saw the photos taken in the last year Japan's Trip. IT WAS BLOODY SCENERY! PEOPLE DOING SOMETHING!
Did you see any photographers in the photos ? (except the silloutte jumping fellow)

There is NO short-listed entries this year?

Aiyo....

No main subject, go get a contestant to pose!
Click!
Wow! I think I got a winning shot.... Canon T-shirt in the picture..
Funny and Comical!!
Sure make the judges LAUGH!

What a disappointment!

So fast to take, then make it 1 hour for 6 themes for next year.

There should be some rules on the photo to submit.
I notice that most photographers are MISLED by the Competition Meaning of PHOTO MARATHON.
A Lot of US believe other wise.

"POSITIVE" clubsnappers please make a comparison of the last few years of the competition winners!!!!!
If this "STAGED" type of photos carry on for next year!!! Then too bad.

There's a lot of things you said in this thread that I cannot get. So I think i need some elightenment, but before that let me say what I think.

First of all, I think all fotos are 'staged' in varying degrees. Unless you can say that you didn't do anything or you didnt use your brain at all, then I say you are right. What I mean is, for example the 'timing', the settings in your camera and some other things that you considered when you took the foto contributes to the end-result, so it is 'staged'. I believe a lot of people here will agree that when you take a foto, you the photographer in way already know what will be the result.

From what I get from you. You expected participants to submit less 'staged' fotos, like you did. I think that's fine but unfortunately the judges didn't appreciate your entries.

:D

From the vinegarish scent, I gather

The images deserve to win only with the following criteria:

1. The creator cannot appear in the image.
2. The subject (if any) cannot appear to be easily found or seen to be co-operative.
3. It must show or require "great" effort on the creators' part
4. It must show or require perfect or near perfect technical skills
5. The "great" idea must be agreeable with the rest of the photographers in the game

and lastly,

6. The judges must be the fellow photographers; preferably somebody they know, respect and admire.

NEVER MIND.

I Rest My Case Now. Thanks to all contributors.

I now understand the "policy" here from some photographers.

Thread Closed.

I'll Be BacK.

Status
Not open for further replies.