Ring flash..

dindang

Jun 11, 2009
west side
Hi to all out there.. Need urgent advice or recommendation.. Just into macro.. Need to know or anyone can tell me what brand or type of ring flash can i buy to use it with tamron 90mm + raynox 250...thanks

Anyone can pass me the link if got someone selling here... Thanks..

Check mass sales section thread by castwind.

I will ask a silly question, since you mentioned that you are new to macro- do you really think you need a ring flash or are you in a BBB phase?

ah bian asked a valid question. why do u need a ring flash?

Why i need the ring flash?
Why u guys buy a dslr n oso want to buy lens, filters,external flash or any other accesorries? Cos u guys wants to get the best pictures for ur shots right...Thats why we keep upgrading what we have or buy new equipment so we learn n have a better nicer pictures..thats my valid answer... Yes i'm new n still learning n i want to get the flash to be better in my macro photography..Can't i just get a simple answer for my simple question...

I will ask a silly question, since you mentioned that you are new to macro- do you really think you need a ring flash or are you in a BBB phase?

Hi senior member.. Can tell me what is the meaning of BBB...

Hi to all out there.. Need urgent advice or recommendation.. Just into macro.. Need to know or anyone can tell me what brand or type of ring flash can i buy to use it with tamron 90mm + raynox 250...thanks

Actually you have 4 choice.

A. Use a NTU Milk / Fruit juice bottle as a diffuser

B. Get a O' Ring Flash attachment which cost 1/4 of the price of a Ring Flash.

C. Get a dedicated Macro Flash either a Ring FLash or Twin Flash

D. Get a flash bracket for normal flash and set it up on a cord / Transmitter.

Hi senior member.. Can tell me what is the meaning of BBB...

BBB means Buy Buy Buy, the phase where, in our excitement to "improve" our photography, we go through a phase where we feel the need to purchase (sometimes needless) camera equipment.

The reason why I asked is that the ring flash is a rather dedicated equipment, and not always necessary for macro. A normal flash can be

1) cheaper
2) easier to bring around
3) easier to operate
4) easier to resell
5) more versatile

Which is why we were wondering , whether you are aware what is it that the ring flash gives you that a normal flash can't.

Fair enough if you just want a simple answer to where to purchase it. Its your $$ anyway.

Last edited:
ACtually you can make your ring flash . I tried using those hard boards available in popular book stores and using cloth tapes, effect is not too bad. Theres some links available that shows u how to do it . Heh anyway just for your infor

hi bro.. Thanks a lot.. A very good info for me.. Thanks again... Cheers

Actually you have 4 choice.

A. Use a NTU Milk / Fruit juice bottle as a diffuser

B. Get a O' Ring Flash attachment which cost 1/4 of the price of a Ring Flash.

C. Get a dedicated Macro Flash either a Ring FLash or Twin Flash

D. Get a flash bracket for normal flash and set it up on a cord / Transmitter.

U are really right senior member after all its my money n thanks for the info too.. Gd day to u..

BBB means Buy Buy Buy, the phase where, in our excitement to "improve" our photography, we go through a phase where we feel the need to purchase (sometimes needless) camera equipment.

The reason why I asked is that the ring flash is a rather dedicated equipment, and not always necessary for macro. A normal flash can be

1) cheaper
2) easier to bring around
3) easier to operate
4) easier to resell
5) more versatile

Which is why we were wondering , whether you are aware what is it that the ring flash gives you that a normal flash can't.

Fair enough if you just want a simple answer to where to purchase it. Its your $$ anyway.

For this friendly info i will always appreciate it anytime.. Thanks a lot n cheers to u Atarandas...

ACtually you can make your ring flash . I tried using those hard boards available in popular book stores and using cloth tapes, effect is not too bad. Theres some links available that shows u how to do it . Heh anyway just for your infor

hi there u got the answer now i wanna know why are u repeating what the senior member asking me.. I can see the question very clearly n don't need some cyber parrot around..

Young people nowadays... haizz.. Want to ask for help, don't want to search on their own... but yet attitude so bad.

BTW, the cheaper o-ring flash attachment you see in mass sales are not very good, since the light dispersion is very uneven. You want good pictures, you go for a proper good ring like this:

Orbis (on sale now at cathayphoto)
http://www.cathayphoto.com.sg/offers/2009/05/orbis-ring-flash

The best of the best is this (for Nikon camera, you did not mention the camera you are using):
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/accessories/r1c1.shtml

And for Canon:
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/reviews/canon-macro-twin-lite-mt-24ex-flash-review.aspx
http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=141&modelid=8127

Cheap cheap only, for good pictures.

Last edited: