Ricoh XR-S (Film SLR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kandinsky

Staff member
Apr 26, 2008
Got my hands on one of these recently.
I think it's more than 40 years old.

It's a shame the 50mm f/2 lens that came with it has got a pretty bad case of fungus.

Ricoh-XR-S.jpg

(not my photo, from: thecamerasite)

Got a couple of questions for the Ricoh experts:

- Should I send it to the Ricoh svc centre (APDS) for a 'checkup' before I start messing around with it?
- Any idea how much such a 'checkup' will cost?
- Any other shops to recommend for things like that?

- I've read that it has a 'K' mount...
- What are my options if I wanna get lenses to play with? Old Pentax lenses?
- I have a Nikon D40, 18-55 kit, 50m 1.8 lenses.

You've got yourself the world's first solar powered SLR camera. Came out in 1981. There is a rechargeable storage battery to power the camera but I believe you can also use 2 LR44 batteries.

The Ricoh uses the Pentax K bayonet mount, so any Pentax and 3rd party K mount lenses can be used. M42 screw mount lenses can be used if you have a screw/K-mount adapter.

I don't think Ricoh will service this camera because it has been discontinued for so long and parts may not be available. Best to send it to one of the local repair shops for a CLA (clean, lube, adjust). Estimates can vary so best to check in person.

Creampuff is right. I took managed to get my hands on 2x Ricoh XR-P SLRs, one with the Ricoh Rikenon 50mm F1.7 and the other with Ricoh Rikenon 35-70 F3.5-4.8. I also managed to get a spare 50mm F1.7. PM me if you would like the spare or look up Fatique in the forum.

Enjoy your "new" film SLR.

Status
Not open for further replies.