Ricoh to show case four new dSLR Products at CES 2015

fengwei

Aug 25, 2004
Queenstown
www.pbase.com
Source from: http://www.photographyblog.com/news/ricoh_showcases_4_dslr_products_at_ces_2015/

Pentax UK Press Release
RICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. is pleased to announce that it will exhibit four digital SLR camera reference products at the 2015 International CES. This annual event, and one of the world’s largest consumer technology exhibitions, will take place from 6-9 January 2015, in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Overview of Upcoming Products

1. Product type: Lens-interchangeable K mount digital SLR camera
Model name: to be announced later
・APS-C-size CMOS image sensor (23.5mm×15.6mm)
・Market launch: Spring 2015 (tentative)

2. Interchangeable lens for K mount digital cameras
・This standard zoom lens covers focal lengths from 18mm to 50mm
・Retracted structure adopted
・Market launch: Spring 2015 (tentative)

ricoh_ces_2014_01.jpg

3. Interchangeable lens for K mount digital cameras
・High magnification super-telephoto zoom lens
・Market launch: Not decided

ricoh_ces_2014_02.jpg

4. Interchangeable lens for K mount digital cameras
・Large diameter telephoto zoom lens
・Market launch: Not decided

ricoh_ces_2014_03.jpg

Notes:
Model names, designs, specifications and market launch schedules of these products are all tentative and subject to change without notice.

Pity still no FF…

Thumbs up....:)

Ah.. I was about to post too.. but you are faster :)

Yah no news on FF. It seem the new body finally have a tilt able LCD??

But the 3 new lenses look interesting..
The kit lens which is retractable would be cool to keep the camera compact.

The other 2 zoom lens, hopefully, one of them would keep the birders happy with the versatility, not sure will the reach be 100-500?

Looks like a K50 with tilt lcd. A K500 with tilt lcd might not be that popular with users who depend on weather sealing.

Just hoping that its flash sync speed is significantly more then 1/180s.

Does Ricoh do a "And I have one more thing!" announcement? :D

That new kit lens looks real cool.

Oh.. and remember, this is CES.
The more important show for Japs is CP+ which happens a few months later

Last edited:
I guess this is the best kit lens...pentax really can make it compact in size....nice....

Oh.. and remember, this is CES.
The more important show for Japs is CP+ which happens a few months later

Actually its next month. Thursday, February 12 to Sunday, February 15, 2015
http://www.cpplus.jp/en/aim/outline.shtml

Have been looking foward to a pentax dslr with flip lcd for a long time. Hope it also does wifi remote via smart device.

I do wish a K3 MKII with a tiltable screen and also shed some weight. Seems like carrying it after 2 holidays, I feel that its getting heavier and heavier. Not sure if I am getting old or the camera is getting 'fat'. :p

Built in wifi, NFC and GPS will be great add ons. Just keep the weight down.

I guess this is the best kit lens...pentax really can make it compact in size....nice....

Definitely looks smaller than the Nikon version.

how many Pentaxian are already A7 series users... this FF camera is so tempting.

I'm still sticking to my trusty K5 for its weather sealing... and it serves me well. but if a K mount FF comes out would be lovely.

No interest, FF or not no interest as it falls too far behind others in terms of sensors and technology. Till they really come out FF others already at finishing line so we just make do with what we have now or just ...

Cool...shall wait for spring. It's about time to change my Pentax camera too.

how many Pentaxian are already A7 series users... this FF camera is so tempting.

I'm still sticking to my trusty K5 for its weather sealing... and it serves me well. but if a K mount FF comes out would be lovely.

I am hoping for a mirrorless ff , light weight with pentax ergonomics and outstanding primes ,it will be a winner.Looks like my hope is going to shatter once again.:`(

I do wish a K3 MKII with a tiltable screen and also shed some weight. Seems like carrying it after 2 holidays, I feel that its getting heavier and heavier. Not sure if I am getting old or the camera is getting 'fat'. :p

Built in wifi, NFC and GPS will be great add ons. Just keep the weight down.

You want add all these in K3 but still want Pentax to cut its weight? Not easily man. The only thing I hope K3 has is built-in Wi-Fi. But I've got a FluCard, so it's settled for me :)

No interest, FF or not no interest as it falls too far behind others in terms of sensors and technology. Till they really come out FF others already at finishing line so we just make do with what we have now or just ...

We've been playing catching games for over 10 years now. Don't worry, we (Pentax) will hang in there ;)

We've been playing catching games for over 10 years now. Don't worry, we (Pentax) will hang in there ;)

second this.. it's time to catchup with the likes of A7s with weather sealing..

You want add all these in K3 but still want Pentax to cut its weight? Not easily man. The only thing I hope K3 has is built-in Wi-Fi. But I've got a FluCard, so it's settled for me :)

I would prefer they use some other materials for the camera body to reduce weight further. I believe it can be done. Now alot of silicon have all the great features built into one tiny chip like the Qualcomm Snapdragon or the Nvidia K1 or X1. So its possible to put many features into a single silicon and the overall size of the camera will come down as well including the weight. Its all depends whether Ricoh/Pentax is exploring that option or not. Sony managed to squeeze so many features (except 4K video recording) into their A7II and still lighter than the K3. So its possible not mission impossible. ;)

second this.. it's time to catchup with the likes of A7s with weather sealing..

I highly doubt so but guess pentaxian can wait for another 3 years to get to A7 stage or you can use lens turbo to make it into full frame view

I highly doubt so but guess pentaxian can wait for another 3 years to get to A7 stage or you can use lens turbo to make it into full frame view

wait another year la... 2 years behind A7 still bearable.. somewhat A7ish with Pentax taste especially weather sealing.. ;)

2016??

I was checking the CES feeds last night for Pentax and no mention then. Looks like they delayed the announcement till today. I am hoping they have a proper A6000 killer instead of releasing more dslr with same package and specs. Large sensor mirrorless replacements is catching on so Pentax should not miss this boat like they missed the dslr revolution. Maybe also a 1 inch Q series...