Ricoh to show case four new dSLR Products at CES 2015

ya.. but i try still not fast enough, also sony nex lenses dunno why so big... your Headphone sold liao in XP ? I thinking of buying but the post no more...

Sold liao. Got too many, but only one pair of ears. Finally cut down to two ...

ya.. but i try still not fast enough, also sony nex lenses dunno why so big... your Headphone sold liao in XP ? I thinking of buying but the post no more...

Not fast enough! I think your requirements might be a stretch for Pentax, even for these new announcements.

I thought you bought the GR?

I think the GR is still quite relevant, and quite possibly hard to beat. If cannot AF, do scale/zone focusing. ;-) Got Live Composite, Interval composite, Multiple Exposure, In built ND Filter if you still take some landscapes. Wear a bit less slim fit jeans or bermudas still can fit into pocket. IQ maybe not close to DP1m (can't even compare), but at least not like as slow and cumbersome.

Last edited:
no lah... just curious, see whats new... sold the Fuji... It was a great cam... IQ hold its own against FF.... but AF not quick enough for my use...
still looking for a VFM, small and light system to bring out... now got maid, got more hands to carry so still ok to use what I have... :bsmilie:
Olympus em1 or em10,af is very fast.

Make sure you use the correct lens. The new camera (A5000s /a6000) may be fast but some lenses are too slow for it. Eg, the 16 f2.8 is slow but the 18-55 is faster... I do hope that pentax will follow suit with a fast camera too :)

I am ok with A6000 plus DA 40 and loving the pairing now
Just realized that you got the A6000. With the size of K to E adaptor, the DA40 don't have any advantage over the Sony FE 35/2.8! The FE35/2.8 on A6000 should be a blazing fast AF combo.

Just realized that you got the A6000. With the size of K to E adaptor, the DA40 don't have any advantage over the Sony FE 35/2.8! The FE35/2.8 on A6000 should be a blazing fast AF combo.

thanks bro but I still waiting for the lens turbo and see if it fits my DA 40 and DA 15 as I seen samples with great results

K3 AF is pretty fast already. Not just AF, it's like everything is faster w it. If you still feel it's slow, better just get a video camera and shoot video instead.

Same goes to many modern cameras like A6000/XT1...

thanks bro but I still waiting for the lens turbo and see if it fits my DA 40 and DA 15 as I seen samples with great results

I will try not to talk too much about other cameras on a Pentax CES new products thread, so I keep my comment short.
You can always PM me for more discussion.

I think you got the Lens Turbo concept wrong.
It 'brings back' the FF FOV on a FF lens.
A APSC lens with APSC image circle will actually be 'cropped' off on the apsc sensor with lens turbo.

DA40XS,still ok with IQ loss on the edges at wide open
DA15, won't work as a FF lens.

yes.... everything fast... thats what i want... if you shoot little kids you will know... mirrorless not matter how fast just cannot keep up, for other ppl maybe they can but base on how i shoot i cannot... i need everything fast, from AF to setting changes etc...

i will wait for K3 to drop till maybe $200 2nd hand :bsmilie: and pair it with a DA21...

yes.... everything fast... thats what i want... if you shoot little kids you will know... mirrorless not matter how fast just cannot keep up, for other ppl maybe they can but base on how i shoot i cannot... i need everything fast, from AF to setting changes etc...

I saw similar thought and discussion from many others at many other places as well. Yes, everyone will have different expectation but look like that many just have an over expectation on the equipment. Don't think latest average speed digital cameras (either SLR or mirrorless) these day any slower than the fastest film camera years ago and there are so many kids, action, sport, .... photos from film cameras around! Have we ever wonder how they were taken?

Just my 2 cents.

I saw similar thought and discussion from many others at many other places as well. Yes, everyone will have different expectation but look like that many just have an over expectation on the equipment. Don't think latest average speed digital cameras (either SLR or mirrorless) these day any slower than the fastest film camera years ago and there are so many kids, action, sport, .... photos from film cameras around! Have we ever wonder how they were taken?

Just my 2 cents.

Know your equipment well i guess can help imho.

Dude... You know what you need? Anything with a sensor 1" or smaller with a fast lens and manual control.

This is so that you can shoot wide open for fast shutter speed manually and yet uber large DOF...

Honestly, I'm shooting my 1 year old kid with my A lenses with no issues.. :/

....better just get a video camera and shoot video instead....

Or this... And then look through each frame and take what you want.. Currently 60fps frame rate quite common..

Last edited:
Dude... You know what you need? Anything with a sensor 1" or smaller with a fast lens and manual control.

This is so that you can shoot wide open for fast shutter speed manually and yet uber large DOF...

Honestly, I'm shooting my 1 year old kid with my A lenses with no issues.. :/

Know your equipment well and practise often= long term skills :)