Ricoh to show case four new dSLR Products at CES 2015

K-s1 is already available in tk and click..saw it abt a month ago

Ah ic Ic..
So have you gotten it???
Hee hee...

I wonder if there are any surprises behind the camera.
How come all possible views are to the camera front only?

JK is right. It's an articulated screen. See the camera that is in the front with a screen to the left of that body . . .

16193620606_d620fe8260_b.jpg

Last edited:
Wifi button on top right

Actually the back looks abit like the Panasonic FZ1000. Just that the SDcard is at the side and not together with the battery. Really hope the K3 sensor and other stuff (or upgraded processor) is residing inside this little body. Woots!

AT LAST , a Pentax DSLR with an articulated screen to aid shooting from all angles...:::vhappy:
though it may be a case of too little, too late for some...

True that.. Although I still wish they would still stop that double mirror flop while in live view and just take the picture as per MLU mode; shutter curtain only.

Coz I can imagine a lot of induced hand shake due to weird handhold angle for those angles we would use it at. :(

I love boxy cameras!

True that.. Although I still wish they would still stop that double mirror flop while in live view and just take the picture as per MLU mode; shutter curtain only.

Coz I can imagine a lot of induced hand shake due to weird handhold angle for those angles we would use it at. :(

Its actually not the mirror, but the shutter.
I've viewed this without a lens before.

What I think is that the SLR shutter is down by default.
Most MILC ones are UP by default.
Dunno what is the design considerations though.
Perhaps one obvious one would be dust.

So on DSLRs, in LV, shutter has traveled from default down position to up position.
When you press the shutter button, it needs to go back down, then go thru the shutter cycle.

AFAIK, the K3 one seems faster than the K30 in this.

this new cam no spec yet ?? why i cannot find anything... :dunno:

ok just scroll to dpreview no spec, spec later then release... lenses also not much infor... so this is a partial launch...

the 2 tele lens 1 is super mag zoom and 1 is large diameter... is it a relaunch of the FA80-200 to DA80-200 ?

Last edited:
Its actually not the mirror, but the shutter.
I've viewed this without a lens before.

What I think is that the SLR shutter is down by default.
Most MILC ones are UP by default.
Dunno what is the design considerations though.
Perhaps one obvious one would be dust.

So on DSLRs, in LV, shutter has traveled from default down position to up position.
When you press the shutter button, it needs to go back down, then go thru the shutter cycle.

AFAIK, the K3 one seems faster than the K30 in this.

Eh? Wait... I blur sotong already.. LoL!

I thought in Live View, it goes like this:
a) mirror and shutter curtain open for LCD viewing off sensor

Press button to take picture
a) shutter curtain and mirror close*
b) shutter curtain and mirror open to record image
c) shutter curtain and mirror close*

*due to these, that's why have double flopping sound

No ah?

Whereas in MLU mode, or in that 2 sec, like this:
a) shutter curtain and mirror open

Press button to take picture
a) shutter curtain open
b) shutter curtain and mirror close

That's why only a single mirror slap sound.
Even more obvious during long exposure, you can only hear a single, tiny *click* sound at the beginning of the exposure.

Last edited:
this new cam no spec yet ?? why i cannot find anything... :dunno:

ok just scroll to dpreview no spec, spec later then release... lenses also not much infor... so this is a partial launch...

the 2 tele lens 1 is super mag zoom and 1 is large diameter... is it a relaunch of the FA80-200 to DA80-200 ?

Wah CL! Launching Come back soon?

Wah CL! Launching Come back soon?

no lah... just curious, see whats new... sold the Fuji... It was a great cam... IQ hold its own against FF.... but AF not quick enough for my use...
still looking for a VFM, small and light system to bring out... now got maid, got more hands to carry so still ok to use what I have... :bsmilie:

no lah... just curious, see whats new... sold the Fuji... It was a great cam... IQ hold its own against FF.... but AF not quick enough for my use...
still looking for a VFM, small and light system to bring out... now got maid, got more hands to carry so still ok to use what I have... :bsmilie:

The new Sony Nex cameras are pretty fast. Can consider ;)