Ricoh GXR! - Season II

Hmm anyone mounts FA limiteds on the gxr? Does it work well?

Dunno what you guys think, its rather disappointing for GXR not to have much rumors or even new products recently, the only one was kit lens equivalent sold at price of an expensive prime...I hope there will be some new products at photokina...

I wish they come up with a new body with 2.4M OLED EVF incorporated, and has a better buffer and battery life. A 21mm f2 will do as well.

Oo... 1 more thing. Allow configurable NR especially OFF.

Last edited:
GXR is a body. if we start a thread under GXR, it would be rojak again with M mount (with third party lens ), A12/A16/S10P10 (with GR lens) all add up together . Shall we prefer this way ?

GXR is a system that is able to change modules (A12/A16/S10/P10/M-mount).
Wouldnt it be be difficult if other users want to find/ask more info about other modules in different threads and mod got to monitor more threads for A12/A16... Etc...?

To show my support & welcome all Ricoh's fans, here's one of my old shots taken with A12 50mm.
Too bad i only own it for a short time ,but is still a great system to play with i can remember..Cheers!

R0011837.jpg

Love both the A12 modules, especially the 50mm.
Also love being able to change module without worrying about dusts getting into the sensor.

Two pictures taken last year, un-edited.

7970998856_7555737460_c.jpg

7971002998_05902793d9_c.jpg

ricoh is running a promotion this month. just read from paper $100 rebate for GXR + A16.

229218_413795702014276_1613482957_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, I just got myself a GXR and I think I've been bitten by the M mount bug! I'm looking for a wide angle and moderate telephoto M mount lens to complement my A12 28 & 50mm. Is the voightlander 12mm f5.6 and the leica Elma 135mm F4 (vintage model) good choices? Your comments appreciated!

Hi all, I just got myself a GXR and I think I've been bitten by the M mount bug! I'm looking for a wide angle and moderate telephoto M mount lens to complement my A12 28 & 50mm. Is the voightlander 12mm f5.6 and the leica Elma 135mm F4 (vintage model) good choices? Your comments appreciated!

Congrats!
12mm f5.6 LTM is what I'm using and a few others too, very good lens, and small, sharp, distortion free, not sure 135/4 though. there's a sunrise shoot tmr at woodlands waterfront, you can check out hjbyeo's mod to put nd filters and square holders. possibly the smallest APSC UWA setup you can ever get!

A set on flickr on this setup just to share.

your scenery pictures on your website is really very nice

ricoh is running a promotion this month. just read from paper $100 rebate for GXR + A16.

229218_413795702014276_1613482957_n.jpg

Can Ricoh users give me an indication of the local price of the GXR and GRD IV?
I'm giving some thought about the GRD IV.

Congrats!
12mm f5.6 LTM is what I'm using and a few others too, very good lens, and small, sharp, distortion free, not sure 135/4 though. there's a sunrise shoot tmr at woodlands waterfront, you can check out hjbyeo's mod to put nd filters and square holders. possibly the smallest APSC UWA setup you can ever get!

A set on flickr on this setup just to share.

Thanks! You got some lovely images there :)

I wish that I could join you guys tomorrow morning but I already have something planned. Will keep a lookout for the next outing though!

why dont you try to ring the authorized dealers listed on the ad?
i believe they are competing with each other.
Can Ricoh users give me an indication of the local price of the GXR and GRD IV?
I'm giving some thought about the GRD IV.

Mr Khaw said:
your scenery pictures on your website is really very nice

gremlin said:
Thanks! You got some lovely images there :)

I wish that I could join you guys tomorrow morning but I already have something planned. Will keep a lookout for the next outing though!

Thanks Mr Khaw, gremlin! I didn't make it today either. Hopefully next one.

Pentax Ricoh Meet 15.9.2012

7987714214_6f1e31a7c5_c.jpg

GXR, A12-M, VT 12 f5.6