Ricoh GR II

The rumor has been out for a while, most likely it'd be true. Would love to see those new features (better lens/focus/sensor/, wifi and touch screen...) in an already great little camera.

Nowadays most people use phone cameras to take photos (me included ;)), market for small cameras isn't great. But GR has been sold very well, I'm sure this GR II will do even better.

That'll be awesome - would really like WiFi and better AF in low light.

I really don't mind carrying a small point and shoot in my pockets on top of my phone as long as it is small, has a capable sensor and good ISO performance and macro capability.

Hope to hear the official news soon

That'll be awesome - would really like WiFi and better AF in low light.

The wifi feature is really very welcome.
I didn't see the need for it until I aquired the Fuji xt1 and have been transferring photos to my mobile phone directly and editing them on the fly using snap seed and posting them to social media!

Very nice feature to have especially when traveling.

I'd love to see the GR II with a built in EVF... about time isn't it?

The wifi feature is really very welcome.
I didn't see the need for it until I aquired the Fuji xt1 and have been transferring photos to my mobile phone directly and editing them on the fly using snap seed and posting them to social media!

Very nice feature to have especially when traveling.

Using the Toshiba Flashair wi-fi card in my GR, can transfer photos to my phone wirelessly. There's a bit of a bug with the app on the latest Android Lollipop OS, but it's just a slight workaround to deal with it. Battery life is theoretically affected since I've set the card to turn on for 1 minute after camera start-up. However, it still lasts enough for daily use or travel that I've not noticed bad battery life, and easily dealt with by carrying a spare battery in the pouch. Weighed against the benefit of pulling photos off the card to my phone, it's definitely worth it to me!

Using the Toshiba Flashair wi-fi card in my GR, can transfer photos to my phone wirelessly. There's a bit of a bug with the app on the latest Android Lollipop OS, but it's just a slight workaround to deal with it. Battery life is theoretically affected since I've set the card to turn on for 1 minute after camera start-up. However, it still lasts enough for daily use or travel that I've not noticed bad battery life, and easily dealt with by carrying a spare battery in the pouch. Weighed against the benefit of pulling photos off the card to my phone, it's definitely worth it to me!

How do you find th toshiba air flash. I did a bit of search some time back on this product. review seems to be rather mix. Toshiba air flash is significantly cheaper then eye fi hence was interested to get it for my gf to,use with her em5

How do you find th toshiba air flash. I did a bit of search some time back on this product. review seems to be rather mix. Toshiba air flash is significantly cheaper then eye fi hence was interested to get it for my gf to,use with her em5

Make sure you buy the latest Class 10 version. It's quite basic in functionality, have to go into the phone browser/app to select the images to download, unlike Eye Fi which apparently pushes the images over apparently. Anyway. for basic use to pull at most 10 photos to the phone for upload to social media/Whatsapp, works perfectly fine. Takes about 10 seconds to download each file from the card. Allows me avoid using my phone's laggy camera, but still be able to upload photos quickly, e.g. group photos with friends.

at a glance, look to me they put a new sensor, and install a new software. anything physically new ?

Last edited:
it adds WIFI, which make this GR into modern smart-phone age.

that is the only important change I think, and it is important as well for new generation photographers

interesting. was about to hoot for a GR, but now that the GR II is out, may reconsider. Is it already available locally?

It seems the sensor is still the same 16mp sensor.. Processing engine upgraded and with addition of wifi seems to be the main upgrade..

No mention of why there is a slight hump in hotshoe.. But there is added wireless flash capability..

Nothing significant enough for me to upgrade..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

interesting. was about to hoot for a GR, but now that the GR II is out, may reconsider. Is it already available locally?

It is just announced..

Not available yet..

It seems the sensor is still the same 16mp sensor.. Processing engine upgraded and with addition of wifi seems to be the main upgrade..

No mention of why there is a slight hump in hotshoe.. But there is added wireless flash capability..

Nothing significant enough for me to upgrade..

Its for the new Wi-Fi antena

•The body: While it looks near-identical to that of the earlier camera, the Ricoh GR II's body is just fractionally (2mm) taller, thanks to a new Wi-Fi antenna on its top deck. Overall dimensions are now 117mm wide, 63mm tall and 34.7mm deep with the lens retracted. Weight has also increased just slightly (8g), with the Ricoh GR II tipping the scales at 221g body-only, or 251g loaded and ready to shoot.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ricoh-gr-ii/ricoh-gr-iiA.HTM

Its for the new Wi-Fi antena

•The body: While it looks near-identical to that of the earlier camera, the Ricoh GR II's body is just fractionally (2mm) taller, thanks to a new Wi-Fi antenna on its top deck. Overall dimensions are now 117mm wide, 63mm tall and 34.7mm deep with the lens retracted. Weight has also increased just slightly (8g), with the Ricoh GR II tipping the scales at 221g body-only, or 251g loaded and ready to shoot.

http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ricoh-gr-ii/ricoh-gr-iiA.HTM

I see..

If IQ remains the same then it doesn't quite justify an upgrade for current users..

More choices are good for those wanting a GR..

Still is "GR ENGINE V", just say reprogramming the AWB algorithm~
For now only can see the upgrade is "wifi/NFC" ,6 "New effect modes" and weight up xD