Ricoh GR, GRDs Accessories & Blings

PhilipKr35

Jul 17, 2011
Yew Tee
Created this Ricoh GR Sub-Thread to put all the info on Ricoh GR, GRDs Accessories & Blings !!!

Bought an external charger for the DB65 battery from SLRR Funan Mall for $17, tested OK,can charge DB65. Comes with cable for car charging.

Just that the AC plug fit not so tightly the 2 flat pin on the charger and when you pull out from the wall socket,
the AC plug separates from the charger. So, for safety wise must switch off the plug before try to pull out charger from wall socket.
I still prefer the cable type charger Pentax provides which fits tight and well.

IMGP4009.JPG

SLRR did not have the 3rd party DB65 which could fit the GR, so did not buy extra battery.

TK Foto has the Original Ricoh DB65 at $65, did not have 3rd party ones.

Created this Ricoh GR Sub-Thread to put all the info on Ricoh GR, GRDs Accessories & Blings !!!

Bought an external charger for the DB65 battery from SLRR Funan Mall for $17, tested OK,can charge DB65. Comes with cable for car charging.

Just that the AC plug fit not so tightly the 2 flat pin on the charger and when you pull out from the wall socket,
the AC plug separates from the charger. So, for safety wise must switch off the plug before try to pull out charger from wall socket.
I still prefer the cable type charger Pentax provides which fits tight and well.

IMGP4009.JPG

SLRR did not have the 3rd party DB65 which could fit the GR, so did not buy extra battery.

TK Foto has the Original Ricoh DB65 at $65, did not have 3rd party ones.

Haha I got the same one 2 days ago. Only thing is it doesn't seem to inducAre when charging has ended!!!

I ordered the original charger from Cathay yesterday - they will order it and let me know when it's in. Cost a hefty $80 though! -.-

My unit indicator light turned from green to red.
May I know why you ordered another charger original ? From website the original also look the same as this 3rd party one.

Where to get 3rd party battery locally that fits GR ?

Haha I got the same one 2 days ago. Only thing is it doesn't seem to inducAre when charging has ended!!!

I ordered the original charger from Cathay yesterday - they will order it and let me know when it's in. Cost a hefty $80 though! -.-

anyone know how much is the original battery locally?

i saw some online but alot people are complaining cannot fit so i am holding off for that..

Tk photo selling original for 65 and third party 20. Decided to get the third party. Tried on my GR, working fine.

Tk photo selling original for 65 and third party 20. Decided to get the third party. Tried on my GR, working fine.
wow great. will get from TK... i heard alot people buying off ebay and its DB-60 instead of DB-65 which means it doesnt fit unless you cut the notch deeper...
thanks!!!

Oh! Last Friday I ask the guy at TK Foto for 3rd party, they say they only have original. Ok will call them tomorrow.

I also just got one from TK today. Now using it. Works like a charm. Cost 20. Think maybe not as cheap as eBay. But I cannot wait. Haha.

I also just got one from TK today. Now using it. Works like a charm. Cost 20. Think maybe not as cheap as eBay. But I cannot wait. Haha.

dont buy from ebay la.. seems like they shipping DB-60 not DB-65 so it will not fit. i rather pay more and get locally.. not alot cheaper also on ebay. Maybe charger you can consider..

saw casing on ebay super expensive. like $80. I ended up i used a casing from my old nikon compact.

GC-5 soft case- original Ricoh
GENUINE RICOH GC-5 for GR APS-C Soft case Free Shipping | eBay

GC-6 Original Half-Case ~ $96
GENUINE Ricoh jacket GC-6 for GR APS-C Free Shipping | eBay

IMHO, not worth it leh... what you guys think?

Got third party charger from slrr. It is a generic charger where you can just switch the battery plate to fit the different systems. I bought for my rx1. Just need to pay $5 for the Ricoh gr battery plate and all ready to go. Just finished charging my original and third party battery. Think the charger cost 12 or 17 without the plate. So next time whenever I need a new charger, just buy the plate for $5. Also can just bring one charger to charge different system when oversea.

My unit indicator light turned from green to red.
May I know why you ordered another charger original ? From website the original also look the same as this 3rd party one.

Where to get 3rd party battery locally that fits GR ?

Think it's just me, I rather use third party battery but prefer original chargers. Had some bad experience with some third party chargers before :p

New accessory in progress.;)
R0010160.JPG

Just received my cheap neoprene pouch.

943643_10151741979875977_2109032462_n.jpg

Fits the GR well, cost under $10. You can find it here.

and I got the genuine BJ-6 charger via ebay here.

Nice.. thanks for sharing. So does the Charger comes with any adapter to the power plug? Just curious as it say optional in the link page.

Oh yah. I also got the same pouch as you. It can be bought from TK Photo also. :)

Nice.. thanks for sharing. So does the Charger comes with any adapter to the power plug? Just curious as it say optional in the link page.

Oh yah. I also got the same pouch as you. It can be bought from TK Photo also. :)

Sadly none. The plug is US type. Tested it since I got a adapter at home. Works great. :)

Try liao show us . Ha. This going to be interesting

Ah, still got 8 shots on film, will finish shots n process, by next week it would be knocked into VF for 35mm. Did not want to waste the film.

Now looking for a wide Single Use Camera.