Ricoh GR dilemma

Aerir

Jun 16, 2014
Singapore
Been using my Ricoh GR for the past year, I really like the IQ and the controls.
Only downside I am facing is the AF can be a hit & miss especially on low light.

We are expecting a newborn soon and wonder if I should get a 2nd camera to complement the GR.
Currently I am looking at the new Oly EM10 M2, hoping to have a quicker AF and video capabilities.

Prefer not to get something too expensive (> 1k mark), is there any other good alternatives?

May 27, 2010
Sony RX100? The best compact camera your money can buy currently.

darrrrrrrrrr

Sep 19, 2006
Singapore
Tried the RX100 series, anyone who likes Ricoh GR for its one-handed operation, DSLR-like quick response will be frustrated by the small size, slippery surface, and computer-like interface of the RX100s.

If AF is not working well on GR, try the snap focus mode which is a unique feature on it. But yeah the video quality on GR is pretty lousy and a small M4/3 system could be a good complement.

Recently travelled with a GR and EM5+45/1.8, covered street shooting, candid and portrait shots, landscape shots all quite well. 7.5mm Samyang, and Oly 40-150R are also good lenses to complement a GR.

Aerir

Jun 16, 2014
Singapore
Yeap, pretty much my thought on RX100. They are good but it is too small for me.
Snap focus might not work so well when for kids.

Top Bottom