Ricoh GR Digital users fall in!

Anyone letting go the GRD with accessories...... let me know. Thanks.

Just got myself the GRD II on friday. Loving it. Any Tips from the GRD user here?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows the price of a brand new Ricoh GRD II?

I've been away from Singapore for 2 years and am coming back home in a week. I'm torn between selling my Canon 350D to buy a GRD II.

I'm not sure if I should purchase the GRD here and get GST back, or if it might be worthwhile to buy second hand in Singapore or brand new at the shops.

Suggestions?

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone knows the price of a brand new Ricoh GRD II?

I've been away from Singapore for 2 years and am coming back home in a week. I'm torn between selling my Canon 350D to buy a GRD II.

I'm not sure if I should purchase the GRD here and get GST back, or if it might be worthwhile to buy second hand in Singapore or brand new at the shops.

Suggestions?

check around for the phone numbers of cathay, tkphoto, ms colour and 316 and give them a call. you can get a ballpark figure from there.

Just wondering how many GRD I and II owners actually do find the optical viewfinder GV-1 useful?
I got myself a 2nd hand GRD I with wide angle lens and adapter, but getting a GV-1 would cost as much (i.e. given that price is still the same at 198sgd). Or would a Voigtlander 28mm VF be better at some cost savings?

TIA.

when i bought the GW-1, i didn't get the external vf, too expensive, but never had any problems shooting with the lcd. come to think of it, better still since i get precise framing and i can see all the info and won't leave face oil on the lcd :)

when i bought the GW-1, i didn't get the external vf, too expensive, but never had any problems shooting with the lcd. come to think of it, better still since i get precise framing and i can see all the info and won't leave face oil on the lcd :)

Ya i get your point.

After following this thread for a while, I decided to fall in too...

bought the GR2 at HKIA last night. SGD811 (HK3990 + 100 to upgrade to a 4gb panasonic SD card from 2gb)

It was the display set. A brand new one will cost HK4200.

Now still charging batt and let's see how it performs...

After following this thread for a while, I decided to fall in too...

bought the GR2 at HKIA last night. SGD811 (HK3990 + 100 to upgrade to a 4gb panasonic SD card from 2gb)

It was the display set. A brand new one will cost HK4200.

Now still charging batt and let's see how it performs...

I'm sure you will like it.

On the sidenote, does anyone know is there a leather case that fits the GRD with adapter?

So far so good.... will find time to share some pics:

I like the :

1) Full Manual with separate dials for Aperture and Shutter settings
2) quality at high ISO
3) The display feature that lets u know if u are fully horizontal (not sure what this is called)

only thing is i cant seem to access ISO easily. Always got to go menu --> settings --> ISO

Overall --> i think some have said here... it grows on u. Reminds me of my Panasonic LC1 that I had few years back.

Last edited:
So far so good.... will find time to share some pics:

I like the :

1) Full Manual with separate dials for Aperture and Shutter settings
2) quality at high ISO
3) The display feature that lets u know if u are fully horizontal (not sure what this is called)

only thing is i cant seem to access ISO easily. Always got to go menu --> settings --> ISO

Overall --> i think some have said here... it grows on u. Reminds me of my Panasonic LC1 that I had few years back.

you can actually press the jog dial and switch the ISO, WB & etc..

don't have to go thru the menu.

hope it helps.

:)

Hi guys, just got me hands on the GR2 today. Have a question: Was running a quick test when my screen goes black and the light keeps flashing whenever i shoot a photo using flash. It then resumes back to live view like 5 secs after. Any ideas why?

Oh and FYI: I bought mine at S$1099. Came with standard kit. Willy told me they threw in the following: hood and adapter GH-1, wide lens GW-1, soft case GC-1,strap GS-1. 4GB SDHC, 1 year Ricoh warranty and an extra year warranty under MS Color.

Was this a reasonable deal?

Hi guys, just got me hands on the GR2 today. Have a question: Was running a quick test when my screen goes black and the light keeps flashing whenever i shoot a photo using flash. It then resumes back to live view like 5 secs after. Any ideas why?
Recharging the flash I believe. Try to shoot with flash and the screen blank-out should be much, much faster.

Hey, starting to really like this bugger. Managed to find time to take some shots.

Here's some:

3246134535_72f72bf936.jpg

3246910224_4bf7530b73.jpg

Last edited:
Random pics taken by GRD.

R0015181-1.jpg

R0015350-1.jpg

R0015615.jpg

R0015874-1.jpg

Last edited: