Ricoh Caplio R1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tetsuhiko

Nov 1, 2004
Hougang
tried out in MS..was very satisfied with the result.. but anyone has it yet?

i don't own it but i played with it for a while. i like it too. so a positive nod to any potential buyers.

if you are looking for a digital equivalent of a Ricoh GR1 i read that it might be produced. but rumours are rumours and a camera in hand is ready to take pics!

do try out the iso800 and see if it is acceptable. I'm interested to know too :)

10112004.jpg

10102004.jpg

two shots from the camera.

not for pixel-analysing really, i doubt i really exploited the cam during the time i played with it. (pls don't ask me for full-size images...!)

i don't recall trying out the cam in ISO800 mode... so can't give comments there.

the 28mm wide angle and super fast startup & response is v appealing in this cam. not sure about the image quality/cam durability though.

i tried ISO800 in the shop at a dark area..the picture came out very fine..really unexpected out of this camera...

the movie recording was great! but didn't test much....

i will go down again for some test shots when i get my fz20 there..

btw - it's selling for $580 at ms color..

Tetsuhiko said:
i tried ISO800 in the shop at a dark area..the picture came out very fine..really unexpected out of this camera...

the movie recording was great! but didn't test much....

i will go down again for some test shots when i get my fz20 there..

btw - it's selling for $580 at ms color..

shoot and post some samples in this thread ok?

i'll post some samples but will have to wait till the middle of dec..

i'm considering this cam soon after fz20..heard from the guy that the current batch is made in japan..but the next batch will be made in chi-na~

ohh..forgot to put: $580 with 128mb with casing and lithum batt..btw it can oso run on AA batteries..if the lithum run out of power(low possibility) :bsmilie: still can go and find batteries..

Some online sample shots - http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/caplio/r1/sample.html

Status
Not open for further replies.