RH on dry cabinet. .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcus

Feb 25, 2004
I have a dry cabinet. . after 2 days of tuning . . i thought i tune properly when i saw 41 42% rh. . but yesterady . . it keep falling less than 40%. . reach 37% . . i tried to tune it back up by tuning it lower. . but still the same . . any expert noe how to tune? lol original settings is 3/4 . . now i tune 1/2 way nia

Last edited:
You thought tuning car ah? :p

There's no magic involved, just turn it the other way so it doesnt drop so low.

You thought tuning car ah? :p

There's no magic involved, just turn it the other way so it doesnt drop so low.
haha . . ya lor trying . . zzz ok so that means tune the opposite direction . . haha monitoring . . =\

It is not easy to tune one that is not digital, i assume you are not using once since you are tuning it. First you set it without placing anything in it. It take about 1 day to stable, then fine tune it until it reach the mark of ~45%.

FYI, do not place your cabinet near the sun or fan blowing at the cabinet. Locate a dry box at a place where there is less interference with the environment changes. Anyone place it in the storeroom?

I have a dry cabinet. . after 2 days of tuning . . i thought i tune properly when i saw 41 42% rh. . but yesterady . . it keep falling less than 40%. . reach 37% . . i tried to tune it back up by tuning it lower. . but still the same . . any expert noe how to tune? lol original settings is 3/4 . . now i tune 1/2 way nia

Which dry cabinet are you using? If you are using the Digi-Cabi, you can try tuning to between 12 and 1 oclock. This will maintain the RH value between 44 & 46%

yeah digi. .

Which dry cabinet are you using? If you are using the Digi-Cabi, you can try tuning to between 12 and 1 oclock. This will maintain the RH value between 44 & 46%

It is not easy to tune one that is not digital, i assume you are not using once since you are tuning it. First you set it without placing anything in it. It take about 1 day to stable, then fine tune it until it reach the mark of ~45%.

FYI, do not place your cabinet near the sun or fan blowing at the cabinet. Locate a dry box at a place where there is less interference with the environment changes. Anyone place it in the storeroom?

haha . . ya lor trying . . zzz ok so that means tune the opposite direction . . haha monitoring . . =\

Get a seperate digital hydrometer and put it in your cabinet for a more accurate reading. Usually the two will differ slightly. Take the reading with a pinch of salt. As the number is "Relative Humidity" it is not an exact value. It is relative to the base settings from the country of origin so 64% RH in the cabinet is not the same as 64% RH in Singapore atmosphere.
The relative humidity of an air-water system is dependent not only on the temperature but also on the absolute pressure of the system you are taking the measurement.
Digital_Hygrometer.jpg

Get a seperate digital hydrometer and put it in your cabinet for a more accurate reading. Usually the two will differ slightly. Take the reading with a pinch of salt. As the number is "Relative Humidity" it is not an exact value. It is relative to the base settings from the country of origin so 64% RH in the cabinet is not the same as 64% RH in Singapore atmosphere.
The relative humidity of an air-water system is dependent not only on the temperature but also on the absolute pressure of the system you are taking the measurement.
Digital_Hygrometer.jpg

how much isit?

Digital_Hygrometer.jpg

I have 5 models of hygrometer and this one is very accurate even though you can't calibrate it. I paid about S$50 with shipping.

Last edited:
I'm using the digital dial instead of the analog type, I never do any adjustment thru out the years, it just stays ~45% once settle down.

anyway, give it some time to settle down before do any tuning.

yeah digi. .

where u got the digicab n how much is it? look around got ppl said the 30L model sumwhere selling at 110 but try to ask around n no where found... anybody can recommend where to buy price n wat brand to get??

where u got the digicab n how much is it? look around got ppl said the 30L model sumwhere selling at 110 but try to ask around n no where found... anybody can recommend where to buy price n wat brand to get??
parasilk holland village branch. u will have to call to see if there is stock. price is 106 nett

Why not just get it directly from the distributor, Digihub, at Tagore Lane? You can get some advice from the people there too...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.