Reviews on Sigma 15mm 2.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefen

Apr 26, 2003
Beijing
www.stefenchow.com
Any one has experience with this?
Please comment. I am seriously considering it right now.

cheap and good fisheye lens for Canon. It can take very close to the object.

The only feature I dislike about the lens is the len cap. It is very tight. :(

Stefen said:
Any one has experience with this?
Please comment. I am seriously considering it right now.

It's quite a good lens for what you pay for it, though to be fair the Russian Zenitar is optically superior half the price and is MF only. The only problem with the Zenitar is that the QC is awful.

megaweb said:
cheap and good fisheye lens for Canon. It can take very close to the object.

The only feature I dislike about the lens is the len cap. It is very tight. :(
Afer I removed the internal ruber, no more such problem.

anymore reviews about this lens?

i saw it before.
reviews from users here?

I bought it 2nd hand. It is sharp, though focusing is slow and noisy. This lens is good for me as I only need a ultra wide angle occasionally, and dun mind the distortion - "partial" fisheye on a DSLR. When I want straighter lines, I use ptlens to remove the distortion.

I noticed that the EXIF always reflect focal length as 16mm instead of 15mm (for mine la). Anyone knows why???

Is it better to use AF or MF? I noticed some of my shots came out blur despite hearing the AF lock beep b4 I press the shutter (shots with no distracting front objects, taken in broad daylight & normal-fast shutter speeds)...

Oh ya, fully agree with megaweb on the super-duper-ultra-mega-tight lens cap... Dun understand why they design it that way, made it such a chore to use the lens...

well, tight lens cap is better than one which comes loose easily right?

HOCL said:
I bought it 2nd hand. It is sharp, though focusing is slow and noisy. This lens is good for me as I only need a ultra wide angle occasionally, and dun mind the distortion - "partial" fisheye on a DSLR. When I want straighter lines, I use ptlens to remove the distortion.
May I know what is ptlens?

../azul123

photoshop plugin to correct distortion

Status
Not open for further replies.