Reviews of Lowepro Sealth Reporter 100AW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
Heard ppl say Lowepro spoilt easily and not lasting as other brands, is it true? Review pls.

Yup, to me lowepro quality is not up to standard. I used lowepro once and will not be using lowepro anymore.

i've got 3 lowerpro bags..
one of them i've been using since 2004
one of them has been on my back while im biking since 2006, through rain and shine

and so far the only issue is the string coming off a zipper clip...
you get what you pay for...

I have Slingshot 100AW and 200AW: No issues at all, nothing came lose, nothing ripped apart. Can't say I handle them always with care.

I have my first Lowepro in 1998, a Mini Trekker. Still in very good condition except for the wear marks. I don't mind the bulk and the loud badge so I got myself a Slingshot, Nova and Toploader recently for different purposes. My experience with Lowepro has been pleasant up till now.

well, haven been using lowepro product for long, but all i can say is steal reporter ain't stealthy in any way :bsmilie:

Haha... I read in CS a few members find Lowepro not long-lasting.
Well, in that case I will just have to wait a few more years to see if my three Lowepros die on me or not.
Then I can get back to you all. Lolxxx...

I have a Stealth 200AW, Vertex 200 and a Micro trekker and all of them are still in pretty good condition.

They will last as well as how you treat them, Bags are meant to be used and not abused. In normal usage and with proper care, they should last a decent amount of time.

I have a Nova3 which I had bought in 1994 and till today, it is still in good condition despite the abuse that I had given through the years. ;)

I also have the Slingshot 300 and Mini Trekker. Both were bought 2nd hand few years ago and they are still going strong too. :thumbsup:

I used once Lowepros, the strap not reliable... easy break. The metal hook from one end of the bag to the strap...

I've been using Lowepro for years, even heaviliy loaded up on hikes...

Some have joined me on head-over-heels tumbles down scree slopes, through rain, mud and snow. Not one has failed so far.

not true.

my orion trekker ii has lasted me a long time, almost 3 years now . :)

Why follow what everyone is using?
Never consider other brands like ThinkTank, Domke, Safrotto? :bsmilie:

If you're carrying LOWEPRO for overseas = come steal my bag, it's full of camera accessories. Would rather stay low profile. :p

If you're carrying LOWEPRO for overseas = come steal my bag, it's full of camera accessories. Would rather stay low profile. :p

Actually if we look carefully, lots of travellers carry rather colourful backpacks, harvest sacks even when roaming around so-called 3rd world or developing countries.
I would probably do what I do to my camera - Gaffer tape the Lowepro label, Gaffer tape a little here and a little there - make it a little old-ish looking and used.

Oh come on....

If you bring a DSLR overseas, you're going to use it, right? And if you're actually holding it and shooting with it...i think whatever bag you put it in is the least of your concerns :sweat:

i used my lowepro bag for overseas shoot before.
when i'm not shooting ,
my REZO 190AW is big and people keep knocking it. =X

so i felt very unsafe .

and but now, i got crumpler 5mdh .
also not much difference :dunno::dunno:

i used my lowepro bag for overseas shoot before.
when i'm not shooting ,
my REZO 190AW is big and people keep knocking it. =X

so i felt very unsafe .

and but now, i got crumpler 5mdh .
also not much difference :dunno::dunno:
Bo bian, right?
So I guess best just bring one big backpack when travelling. Then when on site, just leave the big backpack in the hotel, and carry another smaller bag to walk around lor.

Bo bian, right?
So I guess best just bring one big backpack when travelling. Then when on site, just leave the big backpack in the hotel, and carry another smaller bag to walk around lor.

Exactly my sentiment. That's why I always travel with 2 camera bags, a big and a small. Now your Outback can morph somemore :)

Heard both good and bad reviews from many Lowepro users here. Guess I would have to use it and test out the durability of this bag myself!!!
I purchase this bag because, Domke (also dun like the little padding) and Billingham (I just need a simple bag) is way too ex for me.

8z4hz9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.