Review: Samsung NX11

Image quality wise, which do you find is better?

The x100 and the nx11 are 2 totally different cameras. If you like the flexibility of being able to zoom/change lenses than the nx11 is the way to go. If you want a small compact camera that has almost/same image quality as your d700, the x100 is the way to go. Personally, I think the x100 is more for street shooters

I think the x100 is sharper than most primes on a dslr. Not only that it is a prime lens, but it is perfectly tuned to the body.
Something that a dslr and interchangeable lens camera isn't. Dont be too surprised if it turns out to be sharper than your d700.

Nx11 is like a compact dslr system which u can add lenses later on. UWA, telephotos, primes etc. They are pretty different. Go with the kit 30mm f2 prime for Nx11 if you want good image quality.

if_u_want_to_be_happy.jpg

shadows2.jpg

ceiling_fence.jpg

up_high1.jpg

this one tweaked into B&W
nora.jpg

in a tough lighting environment stretching the dynamic range like below with strong light coming in from the top through darker portions of the lobby .... the results turned out surprisingly well
set_up.jpg

other images..... zoom range was sufficient and the lens performed well for a 3.5-5.6

arshaf.jpg

want to dominate this section of the market Samsung?
cross-breed the NX11 with the EX-1 ......... period

small sleek form factor
articulating AMOLED screen
dedicated video button
build quality

small sleek form factor
articulating AMOLED screen
dedicated video button
build quality

Isn't the small form factor in the NX100 instead?
Articulating screen would be nice agreed, but maybe this is forthcoming in the future NX classic+ model
Dedicated video button is useful
My NX10 build quality seemed really good, is the NX11 less so?

NX11 build quality is great but EX1 build quality is IMHO superb.... i have one ha ha ..... go google ex1 and have a look

buts its only my opinion

Great photos posted here! I love how they were captured especially the random pics.
One of the good things that will help you capture great moments is through great gadgets. Good review.

Hi guys! Here are some test shots from this wonderful mirrorless camera taken from from HortPark!!!

No pp was done. Only resized. :)

Last edited:
Hi guys! Again some test shots from the recently concluded airshow!!!

No pp done.

Hi all!

Again some samples shots using 18-55 mm kit lens only.

No pp was done.

Last edited:
Hi all. As a newbie, I've read that there is no need to go to IT shows to get cameras. However I noticed there is an ongoing promotion of free lens and remote for the NX cameras. Is it worth it, or should I just go get mine at Funan and forgo the 50-200 lens + wireless remote? I guess shops put there are selling ~$800? I have not called to check the prices.. $200 for lens + remote? Thing is.. i doubt I have much use for 50-200 since I'm just only starting out... so Y/N?

Last edited:
Hi all. As a newbie, I've read that there is no need to go to IT shows to get cameras. However I noticed there is an ongoing promotion of free lens and remote for the NX cameras. Is it worth it, or should I just go get mine at Funan and forgo the 50-200 lens + wireless remote? I guess shops put there are selling ~$800? I have not called to check the prices.. $200 for lens + remote? Thing is.. i doubt I have much use for 50-200 since I'm just only starting out... so Y/N?

This is a review thread so you may be putting it at risk by discussing prices over here. It would be better to post your question in the General discussion section.

Anyway, just to understand you correctly, is the 50-200 + remote being offered free? Or will you be paying extra for it?

If you are paying extra but don't have much use for this lens then obviously there is little use in purchasing it. Consider what you may need a 50-200 for. For example, birds, kites, the moon etc.

On a side note, if I was to recommend a single all purpose lens to start, I would say just go with the 30mm/F2. Though this is a prime lens, the field of view (effective 50mm) is very balanced for any purpose. I would not recommend the 18-55 unless you have dire need for versatility. :)

Hi guys,

I was debating between the NX11 and the Fuji X100. Both cams were also being sold at the buy and sell. The most cited reasons for selling the X100 I found are the limitations of the fixed lens. In the end, I decided on the NX11, the key reasons being the flexibility of changing lens and I was blown away by the photos taken by Ed :).

I got mine just just a few days ago and the morning before I went for a short holiday in MBS and Sentosa. Here's a shot I took at the MBS Skypark.

MBS11.jpg

There are more samples here and comments on my experience with this small wonder. I am no expert in camera reviews so pl take my comments with a large pinch of salt :) http://www.photoblog.com/chweeleng/2011/06/19/a-short-holidayand-a-chance-to-test-my-new-camera.html

Pl feel free to comment and share your experience too