Review Samsung NX10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahmatt

Apr 29, 2008
Singapore
www.snapshotbasket.com
Hello everyone. Since there isn't a thread dedicated to this gem of a camera yet, lets make a start.

Please post images that you feel are interesting while explaining your reasons.

I look forward to new releases in firmware, which will hopefully solve the various software niggles. I also look forward to the up-coming five new NX lenses, which will no doubt generate a lot of buzz.

For people who are interested in this camera but have not made a purchase yet, note that the 20-50mm "compact" zoom sounds quite unique and maybe worth waiting for.

All right, so lets get posting.

This thread was originally titled "Samsung NX10: Images and Comments" in another sub-forum. It has been combined with the "Review Samsung NX10" thread and transferred here to improve forum visibility.

Last edited:
Here is a photograph taken at Toa Payoh. The photo was taken using the 18-55mm OIS, at F/6.3 at ISO 200.

I am very impressed at the amount of detail captured - it's kind of scary.

sam078110060420063uffill.jpg

Full Image: http://a.imageshack.us/img835/7061/sam078110060420063uffil.jpg

Last edited:
Taken with the 30mm ..........

MBS.jpg

MBS01.jpg

MBS1.jpg

thanks for starting of this thread. so u have faith in this system as well and that it can take good pic as equally as all those big names?

SAMSUNG NX-10 30mm PANCAKE. :)

It was a great experience to make AF point come as near to the edge as possible :)

Cropped half of the whole image and still can give great sharpness, 30mm is great indeed.

4857335362_446d1d7e22_b.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for starting of this thread. so u have faith in this system as well and that it can take good pic as equally as all those big names?

yeah Indeed. but take note, learn more to make a good photograph than to rely more on gear. :)

Original Image of the one above.
4857367104_e029c2a968_b.jpg

Supposedly I'll take the picture of the fireworks but apparently I was too late, thus I just played with the NX-10 kit lens and do night shooting. :)

4856794955_28d71cce70_b.jpg

hi all and great photos! i just got myself a nx10 and really happy with it so far. just wondering what filter you guys are using? i know that there are some from samsung but not sure if its available here.

UP FOR NX10. JUST COOL.
what's th ebest price new?
thanks!

keep it going nx10 !:thumbsup:

As with all new systems there is an element of risk.

But after using the NX10 I feel that it is a very polished product. The body is well built and is more easier to hold compared with competing cameras. The controls are well placed. The software is refined and fast - with only the slightest of niggles here and there. The features are complete for the enthusiast and they didn't forget a powerful flash. In short, the NX10 looks, feels and behaves very well, which is impressive for a first generation item. I feel that a lot of thought and consideration has gone into its development.

The 30mm pancake is even more so. For me personally, I have always felt that an effective field of view of 50mm (approximate human FOV) is the ideal amount to have for a compact street shooting pancake, yet there are so few of them around. When Samsung announced the 30mm (FOV - 45mm) I was delighted, and what a lens it turned out to be. The optical quality for such a tiny form is remarkable. The maximum aperture of F/2.0 allows for plenty of creativity. Only the Panasonic 20mm F/1.7 pancake can compete, but the 30mm is still superior in that it has virtually no native chromatic aberration, and still maintains as compact a size despite having to work with a larger APS-C sized sensor. In short, this lens demonstrates significant strides in technological achievement.

In summary, I think the NX10 and existing lenses are very impressive and without a doubt show dedication and intent. The announcement of 5 new lenses also shows that they aren't waiting around and they intend to keep going. All of these signs felt refreshing in an industry that has bored me with it's lack of originality and innovation in recent years.

So yeah, for me at least, buying into this system was the obvious thing to do.

Last edited:
Glad to see such deep thoughts behind. Sir, u see being a newbie initially my thinking is to get canon550d, instead d sales team encouraged me to buy nx10. Frankly speaking it's nvr occur in my mind. But I cnt deny it's also a sweetncompact tool tatbreally us not bad. Just tat when out n most ppl carrying the big boys dslr seems to look at it w sneer. Kinda not feeling too good. Lol btw, u think nx10 drimeII processor steady or not? Seems like when taking nite shots it takes awhile to process. Does dslr frm
canon 550d take long to process after each nite shot too?

Glad to see such deep thoughts behind. Sir, u see being a newbie initially my thinking is to get canon550d, instead d sales team encouraged me to buy nx10. Frankly speaking it's nvr occur in my mind. But I cnt deny it's also a sweetncompact tool tatbreally us not bad. Just tat when out n most ppl carrying the big boys dslr seems to look at it w sneer. Kinda not feeling too good. Lol btw, u think nx10 drimeII processor steady or not? Seems like when taking nite shots it takes awhile to process. Does dslr frm
canon 550d take long to process after each nite shot too?

No need to call me "sir" :p.

The Canon 550D is a DSLR. On the other hand the NX10 is an interchangeable lens (ILC mirrorless) camera, which is technically NOT "Single Lens Reflex (SLR)" as there is no mirror or prism box.

The two cameras therefore belong to different genres and so you can't compare them directly. The closest relative to the NX10 is the Sony NEX series, because they also have APS-C sensors inside them. Other cameras within the genre are the Panasonic m43 and Olympus EP series. Within it's genre, I think the NX10 is the best option in terms of value and potential for growth.

Most DSLRs will be faster and have more features than ILCs. Advantages will be better tracking for sports shooting, faster AF speed, optical viewfinder and to a lesser extent, automatic scene modes. There is little difference in image quality.

Personally, I do not require these features. I usually shoot in Aperture or Program mode, which is automatic enough for me. I rarely shoot sports, and the AF speed on the NX10 is very fast anyway. I also think the EVF is not so bad compared with Optical VF because it presents more information and shows 100% view.

The performance of the NX10 is very good and when combined with it's small, compact and very light body, you have something special. This means I can carry it everyday and I shoot whenever I see something interesting. I take more pictures, and hence I have more keepers.

If you really want the ultimate performance go with the 550D. But any DSLR will weigh you down eventually, regardless of your level of dedication and physical strength. Auuugh! My shoulder still feels sore! Also I do think that DSLRs are outdated, the elimination of the mirror-box is a natural technological advancement and it is just a matter of time before Canikon follow suit or become redundant.

I don't care about the sneers, sniggers or what people say, it is not my intention to look "professional". I just want to take good photos as conveniently and as comfortably as possible.

Last edited:
Hope our group will grow n we can go for a shoot togather n explore nx10 more

Hope our group will grow n we can go for a shoot togather n explore nx10 more

kekeke! Biocell, don't worry about others. We are unique at some sort. ;)

BTW, I feel that build quality of NX10 is far better than 550d. please correct me if I'm wrong but it might due to it's small body and rubberized grip? . :dunno:

How much for the GN42 flash? where's the cheapest we can buy? ;p

Oh that flash?? The prefered one will be which flash? The bigger one? Or d smaller one gd enuf already?? It's arnd 400+ for d big flash rt. Oh a friend who is a model said this sat at Labrador park has a charity shooting event... Any of u guys keen to join??

Status
Not open for further replies.